Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Phone help – Android to Iphone – transfer Whatsapp chats etc
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

New iphone to transfer stuff to. How do i get Whatsapp chats from my galaxy s5 to my new iphone?
    cheers in advance

mattyfez

Think they are stored by whatsapp in cloud, so just install whatsapp and thety should be there?

DickBarton

Do you backup WhatsApp to an online account? If so, install app, login and restore from cloud account…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadkenny
    Free Member

WhatsApp don’t store messages on their server. Depending on the platform there’s different methods of backing up. Android uses Google Drive to back up, but you have to set it up I think, or do a manual back up. iPhone uses iCloud, but not sure you can transfer an Android back up into it.

nickdavies

Settings account change number. I think you need to install whatsapp on both, and instigate from the old phone.

iamanobody
    Free Member

I have a backup in google drive but cannot locate it to transfer to icloud 🙁

deadkenny
    Free Member

I have doubts the backup is transferable between platforms. Couldn’t see anything on their help pages, just stuff about backup and restore to another phone of same platform.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Phone help – Android to Iphone – transfer Whatsapp chats etc’ is closed to new replies.