Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Phone email problem
  • rkk01
    Free Member

Resigned myself a while back to not being able to send email from my iphone.
    Can receive mail, but not send.

Anyhow, a bit of fiddling I’ve the weekend and I’d fixed it – or so I thought. Mail works in the house because the phone is on the secure wifi network. On the 3G network it only receives mail. On orange..

Yeah, I have the same problem on Vodafone. Was told by Vodafone that it was an outgoing server issue and to use their 360 web based email client which is horrible. It’s the same with my dongle on my laptop.

Turns out it’s to do with my ISP, Tiscali only allowing emails to be sent from the main IP address.

Not an ideal solution, but I get round it by using a Gmail account, which works well on my phone, with it being Android. Can view all emails together, but cant reply directly to any sent to main account.

stevemtb
    Free Member

I’ve got the opposite problem, can send if out on 3G but not if at home on WiFi. It’s Tiscali so sounds like the problem is described above.

Not as much of a problem as I just have to boot up the laptop.

thegman67

I cant send out on my Samsung galaxy s2 unless i use gmail

Cougar

Generally speaking, your outbound mail server has to be the one hosted by your network provider (eg, Vodaphone) rather than your email provider. This obviously causes problems when your connection carrier changes (ie, you move to / from your broadband connection at home).

The way round this is to use authentication. You’ll need to check specifics with your provider as they’re all different, but typically you’ll have to tick a setting that says the server requires authentication and supply a username and password. Depending on the host’s requirements you might also have to change the port number / use a secure connection and suchlike.

rkk01
    Free Member

Glad it’s not just me then 😳

Tried to set it up with authentication initially, and couldn’t get it to verify the account. Will have to try again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Phone email problem’ is closed to new replies.