Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Phone dry bag?
  • robbo1234biking

Anyone got any reccomendations for a phone dry bag? My dad wants one for his birthday -he has got a Samsung Galaxy Ace so it would need to fit that. It doesnt have to have a clear screen as he doesnt use the phone whilst biking more to pretect it when it is in his ruck sack

Cheers

w1zard
    Free Member

Top end: Aquapac bags. Totally submersible and superb quality.

Bottom end: Ebay special velcro-roll-topped bag for a few quid. Mostly keep everything out.

Depends how much abuse it will take, how much the phone is worth, and how much you like your Dad 🙂

rwc03
    Free Member
    jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

well i use a sandwich bag, but i’m not sure he’d be too impressed with that as a gift.

andypandy85
    Free Member

A sandwich bag? That’s what I’ve used for years and never had a problem 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

I got the pocpac one from always riding. Does me and you can use the touch screen whilst it’s still in the pack. The zip thing wouldn’t be totally submersible though.

robbo1234biking

Aquapac looks ideal as a gift.

not sure a box of sandwich bags would be appreciated!

northernerindevon

+1 for the Aquapac.

iBaa
    Free Member

I brought one of the Duff Bag phone cover, when they were in the sale. Very impressed with the build quality and locking system.

My iPhone fits snugly in it. If you trap a bit of extra air in the bag when shutting it, it acts as a cushion.

nikxl
    Free Member

Pocpac doesn’t last long before it splits. Ziploc freezer bags best by a country mile

MSP

exped crush bag.

DaveE
    ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Would the alpkit ones be fine in a jersey pocket on a wet day?

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Or how about one that can be used with headphones!

matt_outandabout

Buy an old Nokia and use the sim.

Don’t take expensive phones round the countryside in wet n ming. Battery will last longer as well.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Ahhh yeah, but on the commute. Cba to take sim out put in a crap phone an all that. Although am becoming more attracted to the ziplock freezer bag. Got loadsa them

soundninjauk

I keep my phone and other bits I want dry (credit card, drivers licence, cash etc.) in an Otter Box. Room enough for one more phone as well if necessary.

Pieface

Ortlieb A5 document bag is quite good. My emergency tenner lives there too.

peli

Got one of these works a treat http://www.pocketpouch.co.uk.

edhornby

I use a breastmilk freezer bag, they are the right size, very strong plastic and have a double seal

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Phone dry bag?’ is closed to new replies.