Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Phone contracts
  • flatfish
    Free Member

Looking for a new contract today, currently with Vodafone which hasn’t been bad but the coverage is very patchy for my use.
    Who seems to have the best coverage for both city and country? Calls and data?

nickjb
    Free Member

Do you need a contract? Payg is much better than it used to be and usually works out cheaper. Why not pick up a few Sims and give it a go. If you don’t like the service or coverage bin it and try another one. Not being tied in gives you the flexibility.

flatfish
    Free Member

Contract please. Can’t be arsed with Payg.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Have a PAYG but with auto top up.

flatfish
    Free Member

Is that not a contract of sorts?

nickjb
    Free Member

Is that not a contract of sorts?

It as much effort as a contract every month (ie none) without the extra costs and tie in for 12-24 months.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

But you only pay for what you use rather than paying a fixed amount per month regardless of use. Plus, you’re not locked in for a long period of time.

stumpy01

Depends where in the country you are really. Most of the providers have some kind of postcode checker to give you an idea of how good the signal might be.

You might be able to get a dirt cheap PAYG deal to try out your ‘chosen’ provider for a month to see how good the signal is in your local area before committing to a contract?

thecaptain
    Free Member

PAYG seems very cheap these days unless you are a really heavy phone user, even then there are often bundles and add-ons which are good value. I use three, costs peanuts and I can have a high-use month (unlimited data) for 20 quid when it suits me.

mikertroid
    Free Member

With Voda but have a second cheap handset with 3 on £8 pm. Allows me to call my kids FOC from the US and other countries I visit.

Will chop my contract with Voda when it’s due in April to 3 and save £20 pm. Won’t bother with new phone and will throw iPhone in bin when it dies and use the excellent cheapo Samsung phone. Will keep iPod touch for Apple Apps.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Phone contracts’ is closed to new replies.