Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Phone Contract – Soon to expire – SIM Only
  • darthshearer
    Free Member

Hi

My phone contract expires at the end of November. I am happy with my current phone and have no urge to upgrade and get a new one.

I want to go SIM only, my current provider is EE and I am happy to stay with them, I have no issues with them at all.

I am assuming I have to wait until my contract is almost up to sort this or could I do this now?

TIA

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Your contract will not finish, it will carry on till whenever you ask to leave

So give notice when the small print says you should – either 30 days or a month

And look at Giffgaff

Cheers

crankboy
    Free Member

i am a big fan of giffgaff find a mate who has giffgaff and they should be able to get £5 if you join via them.

EE will screw you if you fail to comply with notice period.

darthshearer
    Free Member

Thanks guys much appreciated will look at GiffGaff

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you live in a rural area dont use Giff gaff as it is erratic in less build up areas IME more so data than phone but sometimes the phone as well

Cheap for a reason – I do use them though

PlopNofear
    Free Member

I’m on Three Sim Only. £10 a month. 200 minutes, unlimited texts and 2GB of Data, switched to them from EE. No complaints at all.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above you need to cancel. I am on a sim only deal with Three, £18 with unlimited everything and 4G and so far unlimited use abroad in the countries I generally visit. I get a call from time to offering new 12 and 18m contracts and phones, one of these days I may take one and it’s useful to listen to the offers.

tinribz
    Free Member

Giffgaff are now all 4G too for no extra charge, which seemed to solve my patchy coverage issues as well.

darthshearer
    Free Member

I am not in a rural area, however I do visit them quite a bit. However thats generally on the bike when I dont need it 🙂

Thanks for the input and I shall have a look.

uwe-r
    Free Member

When I was in the same boat I found Virgin the best option for cheap / flexible rolling contract and a white label of a decent network for coverage (forget which one but it works fine for me even in the patchy parts of North Wales).

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Got BT Broadband? Sim only deals of £5 month + £25 cashback + £15 Amazon voucher.

Too good to be true?

survivor

Just as a comparison I moved from my old t-mobile contract to a EE sim only for the 4G. I’m paying about 12 quid for 300 min, unlimited txts and 500mb data. Seems poor compared to the three option above but I went for the better coverage ee has round my way and my data usage is mainly through wifi so not a big issue for me.

RDL-82
    Free Member

If your within 90days of the end of contract EE will let you ‘upgrade’ and that includes to sim only as I’ve just done it with two contracts. Don’t know what your usage is but I got 4gb and unlimited calls texts for £13 each.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm.. I went into the EE store and they suggested I’d have to sign another contract to get sim only.

However if I keep my existing contract, which isn’t that expensive, it’s equivalent to insurance since I can upgrade if this phone breaks.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Think it’s luck of the draw on who you ask. I needed a nano sim as only had micro. On EE shop wanted £10.20, asked in another to double check and was given one there and then for free.

Always best to ring cancellations/retentions/upgrades or whatever it’s called and speak to them. The deal I got was advertised only when logged into my account.

justinbieber

Now is the best time to haggle!

I managed to reduce my contract down to £12/month (unlimited calls, text and 4gb data) on Three. Their best advertised price was about £15/month, but I had to threaten to leave and be put through to a supervisor before being offered this deal. No need to leave your current provider if you don’t want to, just to get a better deal!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Phone Contract – Soon to expire – SIM Only’ is closed to new replies.