Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Phone contract question
  • crispo
    Free Member

My phone has just come to the end of it’s contract.

I have been with Vodafone for the last few years so I would be happy just to upgrade my phone with them. It will cost me £129 to upgrade to the phone im after (i know slate me but I want the iphone so I dont have to pay to download all my apps again) however if you start a new contract with vodafone (from the carphone warehouse) it is free for the phone so would save me £129.

Now vodafone say if I did this I wouldnt be able to keep my number. They say you can only retain your number if you move to a new provider not just a new contract. Is this true?

Could I simply transfer the old number to an o2 pay as you go simcard for a day and then transfer it back to vodafone on the new contract?

Is that too much hassle to save £129?

geoffj

Could I simply transfer the old number to an o2 pay as you go simcard for a day and then transfer it back to vodafone on the new contract?

Yes, but you may better just moving to a new mobile company, unless you have specific network requirements which only vodafone meet.

nickjb
    Free Member

You need to play the game a bit. It’s a pain. You tell them you are leaving, ask for a PAC code, they transfer you to retentions who offer you a better deal. They should at least be able to match the Carphone Warehouse deal.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RustyMac

I’d be inclined to go down the route of phoning them up and telling them you are leaving as you have found a better deal else where.

Three have pretty much the best deals on Iphone contracts just now, so if you were to say you were going to them and you wanted to give Vodaphone one last chance to better there upgrade offer you may be plesently suprised at what you get.

This just worked for me on O2 on friday night.

[edit] pretty much what every one else said as i was busy typing [/edit]

Drac

Tell Vodafone you’re leaving as been made a better off elsewhere, within 24 hours you’ll get a phone call from a ‘supervisor’ who can do a better offer than the person you spoke to the day before. It may not be free but they’ll offer something.

br
    Free Member

Tell ’em to swing and suggest you’ll move providers – they may then agree that you can carry your number.

Otherwise, move – 3 is quite good, plus you’ve free 3-to-3 calls

crispo
    Free Member

Yeah I guess the three deals are pretty good, what are they like signal wise?

The reason I had wanted the new vodafone offer is that it was a lot better than the competitors, without that deal though I might just switch providor as theres no real reason for me to stick with them if they cant beat the other offers.

Will try ringing vodafone on my lunch break and see what I can do, theyre online chat people are useless!

Its just annoying that I can take up their offer but have to change my number (which I cant do because i use it for work purposes)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Phone contract question’ is closed to new replies.