Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Phone contract problems
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m with a third party mobile provider who had, until recently, provided a perfectly acceptable service, and who phoned me up at contract renewal time. We agreed something over the phone (SIM only, 12 months, plenty of data and the normal monthly fee discounted by £10 each month due to an EE special offer). Then when the first bill came through the discount was missing. They’re not responding to messages or emails. Since my original 2 year contract has expired, can I just cancel the DD, or write to them then cancel, since the only evidence of the new contract is a recording of the phone call, which if it exists and they produce it, will show they’ve not upheld what was agreed. Or is there a better course of action?

timba
    Free Member

Phone EE? You might find that the contract is passed to them in the T&Cs

spooky_b329

You’ve signed a new contract, might be a cooling off period, especially as you haven’t taken a new phone.

But, was it EE or someone selling an EE contract (i.e carphone warehouse).

There must be a complaints procedure on their website, I’d set that in motion.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Third party so not EE direct, I sent a complaint to the complaints email on their website – it bounced, recipient email address unknown!

prettygreenparrot

You can’t cancel a direct debit without first dealing with the contract. Otherwise you open a world of pain and bank charges.

If it’s within 14 days of you setting up the contract over the phone or internet then the distance selling cooling off period applies and you can withdraw from the contract by informing the provider. Though with bounced emails that sounds tricky. Do you want to name the provider?

Have you checked out money saving expert?

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s Voice Mobile. It’s about six weeks since it was agreed, as the error only became apparent when I saw my bill. I’ve no objection with what was agreed, the problem is they have not – for whatever reason – honoured it. Could be a mistake, but since they won’t communicate I can’t find out!

involver
    Free Member

Perhaps you could try contacting them through twitter – they posted there a couple of days ago. Failing that maybe send a firmly worded letter by recorded delivery?

involver
    Free Member

Just checked their Facebook page and saw some more bad reviews – if you don’t get any joy from them it might be worth contacting EE or an ombudsman to escalate things?

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/alternative-dispute-resolution/settling-out-of-court/complaining-to-the-telecommunications-ombudsman/

deadkenny
    Free Member

Have you actually been charged yet?

I recently got a SIM only deal directly with EE that was £13 off per month. Looking at the bills area on EE, it was showing the full amount for the package as the headline amount. The first month bill is confusing as it’s a split between two different contracts, however in the detail of the bill it did show the £13 off. I’m hoping that the same applies for following months.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yeah, I saw the Facebook reviews too last night. To be fair, they were spot on two years ago when I first used them. A bombardment of emails seems to have done the trick and the lad I dealt with originally just phoned to apologise, blame EE and tell me they frequently neglect to apply discounts (which isn’t unbelievable) and assure me it will be sorted out swiftly. So I shall have to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Have you actually been charged yet?

I recently got a SIM only deal directly with EE that was £13 off per month. Looking at the bills area on EE, it was showing the full amount for the package as the headline amount. The first month bill is confusing as it’s a split between two different contracts, however in the detail of the bill it did show the £13 off. I’m hoping that the same applies for following months.

Yes, I was waiting for the first bill. It had the split bit but that all makes sense, then the new contract but no sign of the discount like yours had.

At least they’ve got back to me, I shall have to wait and see now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Phone contract problems’ is closed to new replies.