Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • phone contract and PAC code help please
  • sadexpunk

just about to transfer from orange to vodafone, with 3 months left on orange contract. ive got my PAC code to give to vodafone, and ill be paying up the remaining months on my contract.

however, i thought why not let my lad have the last 3 months of my contract? im paying for it so why not let him use it instead? hes on orange PAYG at present.

but……apparently i cant do this if i want to keep my number. once my number is ported to voda, the contract is dead and cant be used by any other number. and if my lads number is ported to my present contract, then my number is dead and cant be transferred to voda 🙁

so i can have one or the other. i want to keep my number, so looks like ill just pay the account off and kill it 🙁

unless anyone knows anything different i can do? is there any way round this?

cheers

Drac

Errrr! Your cancelling your contract why would they continue to let you use it.

sadexpunk

cos im paying for it and would like my lad to have the benefit instead? so thought instead of cancel, transfer a number onto it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Interesting as I’ve just asked Vodafone for a PAC so I can go to Orange. They made a point of telling me that requesting a PAC isn’t the same as giving notice on the contract, that has to be done separately. That implies that I can port my number but the contract still runs unless I do something about it. One would assume that if I don’t give notice, they’ll keep providing a service and charging me accordingly.

By the way, mind if I ask why you’re moving from O to V?

sadexpunk

moving as i wanted a HTC desire. been with orange 10 years and always had a loyalty discount before.
    the offer they made was no phone in stock right now, but when it comes in pay £140 and £30 per month for 24 months. no loyalty discount on that phone sir 🙂 asked for disconnections where you can get a better deal. was reduced to £25 per month, £140 for phone, 24 month contract.

vodafone offered me a free phone at £25 per month on an 18 month contract. i happy 🙂

in some ways a relief as i been p*ssed off with orange and their customer service for a while now. just stayed as i couldnt get anything cheaper when my loyalty discount was taken into account.

anyone else know whether the contract can still run to its conclusion afterwards?

Drac

cos im paying for it and would like my lad to have the benefit instead? so thought instead of cancel, transfer a number onto it.

Ah misread what you were after.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Odd – I got it for £100 and £15 pcm over 24 months from Orange after my contract ended, and I’d spent **** all on the previous contract.

Sorry to say: as you have given notice on your contract, you owe them the remaining £ and they owe you nothing. You can often reduce the payment on what you are buying out though.

sadexpunk

Odd – I got it for £100 and £15 pcm over 24 months from Orange after my contract ended, and I’d spent **** all on the previous contract.

thats one of the things that bugs me about them. in previous deicussions with them, its been different offers the next day depending on who you talk to. i realise prices change day to day but at one stage i was ringing every day to see which price suited me 🙂

Sorry to say: as you have given notice on your contract, you owe them the remaining £ and they owe you nothing. You can often reduce the payment on what you are buying out though.

i havent actually given them notice i dont think. as far as theyre concerned they would hope i dont use my PAC and keep the contract going. but yes i realise i owe the remaining £. which is why i would have liked my lad to get the benefit from it instead of it just closing altogether.

im intending setting the wheels in motion as soon as im sure that my lad cant get any benefit.

seven
    Free Member

Another way to get the phone you want is to renew your contract without an upgrade and buy the phone from ebay.

I have been doing this for the last few years. I pay £5 a month for 100min 100txt and 120min international calls (suits my needs) and have a HTC Hero I picked up for £200 off ebay.

Saves loads in the long run

sadexpunk

already got the phone. its sat waiting for me to swap over from the number they gave me, to the number im still using on my present phone. so the deals done and dusted.

just wanted to make sure theres nowt i can do for my lad before i go ahead and kill the contract.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Oh dear, me and the wife are moving from Vodafone to Orange for customer service reasons. Out of the frying pan; into the fire by the sounds of it.

sadexpunk

im sure theres plenty of happy orange customers mate. everyones got their personal opinions and experiences.

for me, the lass who i dealt with couldnt have been more helpful. and when they cocked my delivery date up, theyve knocked 2 months payments off too 🙂

so far so good 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘phone contract and PAC code help please’ is closed to new replies.