Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Phone choice – what does the hive mind think?
  • colournoise

Got to be Android (too tied in to Google services to switch, hence the recently purchased Ubuntu phone not really cutting it), the ‘cleaner’ the better.

Important stuff to me – processor speed, good camera, decent battery life.

Don’t want anything too big, so phablets like the Nexus 6 and Note 4 are out.

Buying outright, so price is a factor too.

Currently got an S3, which was an insurance replacement for a Nexus 4. Loved the Nexus, quite like the Samsung (especially the camera).

Current shortlist is S5 or Nexus 5, which of these do we prefer, or anything else I should be looking at?

Bregante

Sony xperia z3 compact. Had mine a month having come from an S3. Massive improvement IMHO. Camera quality and battery life are particularly impressive.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

0% credit card and get the latest Samsung S6 when released.

Would not bother upgrading from a S4 to S5.

Or go for a cheap S4 and save £££ for bike goodies.

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve got a nexus 5 as a work phone. The battery life is good, updates are released promptly and it doesn’t have all the really annoying Samsung crap that plagues my girlfriends s3 mini.

The spigen case works very well with it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nexus 5 here, hard to find now as I think it’s been pulled from google play. Updated to 5.1 on the weekend, everything seems to work fine and seamless interaction with the google world. Dare I say “It Just Works”

eltonerino
    Free Member

Moto G second gen here. Cheap, but good enough. Seems about on par with the wife’s nexus 4, but a lot cheaper. I get two days battery out of it when using it normally. Have recorded 4~ish hours on Strava and still had plenty of battery to do me the rest of the day.

peakyblinder
    Free Member

LG G2 – screen is lovely but don’t drop it. Or allow your cat to shove it off the worktop. It’s fragile and costs £130 to replace…

traildog
    Free Member

I’ve a nexus 5 and like it. Although I found lollipop to be very buggy and upgrading to 5.1 has killed it! I would recommend one though but it’s not without faults – the camera is not very good. They have been pulled from the play store as well, and talk of the next generation one coming out this year.

Have you considered a one plus?

sam_underhill

Moto-X 2nd Gen? A bit more ££ than the G, but not knocking on the door of £600 like the new top phones. They had a few special offers in the past, if they knock another one out I’ll be tempted myself.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Phone choice – what does the hive mind think?’ is closed to new replies.