Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Phone battery question.
  • zippykona

If I charge my ipad and don’t use it, no charge gets used.
    I made a point of checking my phone last night and it has used 11% apparently doing nothing.
    What gives?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Background tasks. Email checking etc etc. And the iPad battery is 4x as large approx.

scotroutes

Try it again in airplane mode.

maccruiskeen

You’re phone is working as a phone all the time – connected to cell towers waiting to see if anyone is going to ring. You’ll notice if in you’re in areas with poor reception that your battery drains faster as its working harder to find and maintain those connections.

CountZero

You’re phone is working as a phone all the time – connected to cell towers waiting to see if anyone is going to ring. You’ll notice if in you’re in areas with poor reception that your battery drains faster as its working harder to find and maintain those connections.

This. If the pad had a SIM in, then you’d probably notice battery drain after a while as well.

vongassit
    Free Member

I leave my phone in airplane mode a lot now , ever since I realised the effect on battery life.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Cougar

I leave my phone in airplane mode a lot now , ever since I realised the effect on battery life.

Not exactly a phone then, is it… (-:

skids
    Free Member

i guarantee that charge does get used in the ipad if it’s switched on just at a much slower rate, the batteyr on an ipad has about 4 times the capacity so 1% drain on an ipad would be about 4% on the phone

Cougar

It has a bigger battery for a reason – it has a higher load. That massive bright hi-res screen doesn’t run on sunspots.

stumpy01

This is why I like the ultimate power saver switch on my Lenovo p2.
    Basically turns it into an old school phone; calls and text, but not a lot else.

Turn it on before going to bed and it uses no more than 1% overnight, just via a switch; no menus to fiddle about with.

zippykona

I normally charge my phone overnight so its not really a problem. Just bought a 9000mah battery for my phone and they say I have to run it flat 5 times before it gets up to full power. Not sure if thats true but its what I’m doing.
    The last 2% is lasting forever.

maccruiskeen

It has a bigger battery for a reason – it has a higher load. That massive bright hi-res screen doesn’t run on sunspots.

But the screen isn’t on when its on standby

If I charge my ipad and don’t use it, no charge gets used.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Phone battery question.’ is closed to new replies.