Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Phone app gps tracking
  • RUSSTY
    Free Member

I and riding pales have been using sports tracker on our phones for a while and noticed there is always a differance in milage between our devices , this weekend mine recorded me a tpo speed of 198mph and a peak altitude of 4500ft . Does anyone else use similar apps that they can recomend ?

GrahamS

Quite a few on the forum use Endomondo – there are even monthly STW challenges for road and trails.

Your phone needs a decent view of the sky to pick up GPS. A bar mount makes a huge difference, or just make sure it is in the top of your pack.

mmel
    Free Member

Memory Map. Works great with proper Ordanance Survey mapping, though you have to pay a bit for them. I like the ease at which you can import and export trail data and view on Google Earth et al.

geoffj

I and riding pales have been using sports tracker on our phones for a while and noticed there is always a differance in milage between our devices , this weekend mine recorded me a tpo speed of 198mph and a peak altitude of 4500ft . Does anyone else use similar apps that they can recomend ?

*swoons

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Think MM is free with a limited number of sq km of maps at the moment.

portlyone

I just use My Tracks from Google. Nice and simple, works well from my shorts pocket on my HTC.

jwmlee
    Free Member

SporksTrackLive works well on my Android although there is always a discrepancy re altitude, something GPS doesn’t do particularly well.

Stava is the new black apparently.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Phone app gps tracking’ is closed to new replies.