Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Phoenix nights fans
  • poolman
    Free Member

If you saw dave spiky in the street would you think it was funny going up to him and singing ‘dont forget your black bin bags, they re on offer till september’

I saw him yesterday in a phone shop as he has a house near me, i was so tempted but thought the poor chap must get it all the time.

Have youtubed the song i now know all the words, and the corned beef one.

cyclistm
    Free Member

It would be very funny, but I’m pretty sure he wouldnt find it quite so funny.

Oh and wasn’t it ‘come get your black bin bags’

poolman
    Free Member

Ok corrected, just checked, they re on offer till december…

I thought he d be q flattered with the attention. Mrs poolman is spanish so had no idea what i was laughing at.

geoffj

Didn’t he have a fall out with Peter Kay over writing credits on Phoenix Nights?

cyclistm
    Free Member

I only check because I sing it loads, mainly when on the bike oddly.

I would love to know how often he hears it sung or shouted to him.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Absolute classic comedy, subtle yet so bloody funny.

slowoldman

Not as funny as going up to Richard Wilson…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_jo0ybv10I[/video]

poolman
    Free Member

Thats briliant.

Dont u think its part of the job tho, its not as if some random stranger singing your catch phrase is a surprise.

He did fall out with peter kay as peter kay got the wring award. Ray Von the dj co wrote it too.

chakaping
    Free Member

I wouldn’t do it, but I’d dearly love to witness someone else do it.

johnw1984
    Free Member

My mate was on the same speed awareness course a few months ago as Dave Spikey. The guy who was running it asked him if he was a lorry driver 😆

beagle
    Free Member

Nah. I wouldn’t do it, he may go all gangsta trippin’.

Chitty bang bang, chitty bang bag, chitty chitty bang bang….

Catch me!

theotherjonv

there’s a field near us with Shetland ponies in; every time we pass it I always do the ‘how far away are they?’ line, and without fail the wife punches me. Still worth it though.

lowey
    jamj1974

You did well to resist OP! :-). Not sure I would have…

tiggs121
    Free Member

Got Pheonix Nights on DVD – time for an overduw viewing – loved it.

mooman
    Free Member

Love Phoenix Nights. Never really got it the first time because I caught it a couple episodes in – you really had to watch it from the beginning; Young Kennys face is even more funny then too.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Poolman, you’re in Spain yes? May have been a bit incongruous then. Maybe better to whistle the Patrice Rushen song Forget Me Not which is the tune of Bin Bags (nerd factor 9). Janice Battersby off of Corrie lives near us but given her husband’s hobby of punching autograph hunters, I’ve stayed well clear.

chakaping
    Free Member

As a Burt Bacharach fan this was always my fave…
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-OxT56Euk8[/video]

mooman
    Free Member
    theotherjonv
    greavo

I’d be tempted to ask him if he was “Covered in p1ss!”

poolman
    Free Member

Yes i m in spain he has a holiday home here. I actually saw him in javea though, thanks for sharing original song. Corned beef song is brilliant too.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Oh my God, that Clinton Baptiste sketch is comedy gold!

binners

[video]https://youtu.be/6b_OooPn_Mk[/video]

Saw Dave Spikey live last year and he was brilliant. His show was all about dissecting the English language and was really cleverly done, and very very funny!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Anyone find the outtake for the ergh that taste horse sh#t and I should know as I have tasted horse sh#t scene???

simmy
    Free Member

My mates Dad used to work with Dave Spikey at Bolton hospital. I’ve also seen him in the vets.

I remember Peter Kay stacking the freezers in Netto in the late 90’s. At the time, he was working there and doing the comedy clubs at night.

Phoenix nights was brilliant.

Can stand Paddy McGuinness though. Don’t know why but his voice grates on me.

ourmaninthenorth

Last time I saw him was 10+ years ago at the GMEX conference centre.

Typical corporate sudienc laughed more arChris Patten’s reminiscences of being the last colonial in Hong Kong.

As I nippedout for a pee I passed Dave Spikey and a man who was presumably his manager, who was trying (and failing) to convince the comedian that “the table in front of you were laughing really hard”.

Clearly not a gig to remember….

womble72
    Free Member
    BigJohn

When you meet a comedian in real life it’s best to say “hello. I think you’re really funny”.
    Then everyone feels good.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

When you meet a comedian in real life it’s best to say “hello. I think you’re really funny”.
    Then everyone feels good.

Nah, everyone knows you 1) Shout catch phrase, 2) Ask them where they get their crazy ideas from, and then 3) Tell them you’re not too keen on their latest stuff.

slowoldman

4) “Here’s a good one you can use”.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

5) Do you still hear from *more successful ex comedy partner*? They’re so funny!

mooman
    Free Member

6) ask what they doing now?

joeydeacon
    Free Member

7) Do you still do TV work? Haven’t see you on there for years..

trailwagger
    Free Member

8. “Say something funny, go-on”

tomhoward

9. confuse them with someone else, when they respond that they aren’t them, ask if they are sure.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Maybe a quick and non-intrusive thank them for providing such great entertainment.

nbt

errrm?

but yes, I agree 😉

BobaFatt
    Free Member

10) Ask them “what was it like working with Bobby Ball?” unless they are Tommy Cannon (or Bobby Ball obvs) then ask him “what was it like working with Orville/Jeanette Krankie/Large (delete as necessary)?”

poolman
    Free Member

Ok if i see dave spikey again i will just shake his hand and tell him i think hes really funny. Tbh all the shouting catch phrases when you are on holiday must really annoy him.

Funnily enough last year tim healy was on a flight amd noone really said anything, i loved aufwiedersein pet too. Didnt know his son was matthew healy from the 1975.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Phoenix nights fans’ is closed to new replies.