Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Philishave or?? best electric shaver? what are you using?
  • andyfb78
    Free Member

Hi all,

What electric shavers are recommended? what are you or your other half using?

My philishave has just given up after 10 years.

Ta

PS I know wet shaves are better, but sadly I can’t do that everyday; my face explodes.
    PPS I don’t want a beard anymore..

mooman
    Free Member

Your face explodes if you wet shave? You just got to explain that one!

I got a Phillips SensoTouch 3D. It is the best electric I have used.
    However – I still find a wet quicker, more comfortable and just easier all around.

Vintage double edge safety razor is the way to go.

andyfb78
    Free Member

Ta
    I wet shave occasionally, and have a nice razor, but after two days of doing so (and I’m a nearly need two shaves a day type), my face just gets red, sore and spotty, no amount of prep, creams etc change this, so I only wet shave ‘for pleasure’ occasionally.

Elec for the daily work safe appearance.

Are the foil ones any good? does anyone buy Braun or Remington?

wiggles
    Free Member

I’ve got a wet/dry Panasonic foil and it is great, good shave and lasts a good few weeks on a charge.

Del

recently bought a braun 720. seems decent enough. quite tolerant to my lazy ways of leaving it for a couple of days from time to time and doesn’t pull hairs if i do that.

mooman
    Free Member

What razor do you use to wet shave?
    I too quite sensitive to what shave I do. Electric is uncomfortable unless I soak & lather face (hence why it’s no quicker than the DE).
    A mild razor with a good DE blade should sort your problem. It may take a while for the grain on your face to adapt (electric razors cut hair in an unruly fashion) but longer term I’d expect better results.

Cougar
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Philishave or?? best electric shaver? what are you using?’ is closed to new replies.