Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Phil Wood Philcentric Bottom Bracket
  • Kuco

Anyone tried one or got experience of them?

inbred853

Bit pricey, not got one of those though. I’ve got a Forward Components EBB which is basically a similar design and used it on my Inbred with no slippage/ creaks.

Kuco

Are they still going inbred853? Tried to go onto their website but nothing.

inbred853

Kuco, not to sure, had a quick look via Google but the links go to a hosting site. I bought mine in 2009/10 and as I said worked well with my inbred with 16:32 gearing.
    I use it to single speed the inbred over the winter.

druidh
    Free Member

I have one.

I used it briefly (9-10 rides) on my Fatbike in order to use an Alfine Hub. Despite being a bit put off by the fact that the initial lining-up is done by locking the shells in place with Loctite, it’s a system that seems to work.

Be aware that the BB Shell is larger than a normal one and certain cranks won’t fit over it (I’m guessing old Deore would be a problem). Any SS crank – or one with a removeable inners spider should be fine.

You need a set-up tool for the initial installation. I had to ask them to make one up for my Fatbike (100mm BB see) but it’ll work with smaller BBs too. Do remember to factor in the cost of the tool.

Do you want to buy mine? Make me an offer.

thepodge
    Free Member

The PW one is a bit expensive & the Forward components site seems to be long gone, are there any other options?

inbred853

There was another type that I considered called the Ecentricker, very similar to the PW and FC above. Again a quick search on Google doesn’t throw up many links.

Kuco

Thanks for the offer druidh but at the moment just looking and toying with some ideas.

inbred853

Ah, found this, used the correct spelling this time!

Ecentriker

thepodge
    Free Member

oof, still over 100 quid plus fitting tool

nedrapier

druidh, do you still have yours? Still looking to sell on?

Could you ping me an email if you have and you are, please?

edn8 at hotmail dot com

Ta!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Phil Wood Philcentric Bottom Bracket’ is closed to new replies.