Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Phew, warm out eh??
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Blinking ek.

Yesterday’s CX ride was blooming wet, windy and muddy and cruddy and grin inducing.

Today, well today was warm, dry, sunny. I was over layered with long bibs, thermal vest, top jersey etc (same as yesterday). But I had to ditch the gloves and unzip my top a bit… Oh, and no cap under my lid neithers…and just as grin inducing.

Hope your all having as much fun in the sun 8)

hammyuk
    Free Member

I’m thinking a jaunt out to Loomies is in order in a bit 8)

iainc

aye, minus 3 here in South Lanarkshire,roasting 🙂

mdavids
    Free Member

Frozen sludge here in the North East. Giving it a miss today.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Honestly, it’s a bit warm for December here on the coast 😆

I do wonder what January will bring 😕

chakaping
    Free Member

today was warm, dry, sunny.

Not in Wigan it weren’t pal.

Well I suppose it was milder than it has been.

MoreCashThanDash

Having spent the morning delivering 200 cards around the village in sleety drizzle, it is not warm.

mushrooms
    Free Member
    matt_outandabout

-4 here at chez_oab

ferrals
    Free Member

Yeah mild here too, still riding in ‘summer’ gear. 😀

TooTall
    Free Member

Forecast for 24c here in Virginia. It’s FAR too warm. My bees are baffled and not behaving as they should at this time of year!

scruff9252

Cracking weather this morning in Edinburgh. Hovering around zero up the Pentland hills, blue skies, crisp air and firm underfoot for a morning trail run. Just wanted to run & run.

martinhutch

Another ride through a permapuddle in the Dales. Theme is emerging for this winter…but at least this weekend I didn’t have to chuck my bike over and wade a stream I normally ride through.

andyjh

Very warm down on the South Coast today! Overdressed and sweating, had to strip off half way round 🙂 Mad weather for December but happy to make the most of it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ice up on the tops at Darwen today and it was certainly bracing and not at all warm out

I guess still pretty mild for winter but it was not warm.

scotroutes

I think it might have got above freezing today

whitestone
    Free Member

@martinhutch – we were a bit further up the Dale, not what I’d call warm 🙄 The track from Mossdale over to Yarnbury was, ahem, interesting as the sleet/snow from yesterday had frozen, what wasn’t sheet ice was rutted from bike tracks from yesterday or last night. Still good to be out even if it was dark by 3:30!

martinhutch

Mossdale feels bleak in the middle of summer!

pictonroad

South Coast here, got pots of geraniums flowering outside, can’t remember the last time I was cold. Still in t shirts on the MTB. Bloody nettles still growing too!

transporter13
    Free Member

Soggy down in Fod today, along with a fair bit of fog.
    Surprisingly grippy though

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have quite a few bird feeders in my garden, there is a peanut ball thingy that I’ve been filling up but you know what? It’s gone mouldy because they’re not eating them. I keep emptying it and expecting them to feed up on peanuts, but no. Seems there’s far too much choice at the moment … 8)

pennine
    Free Member

Icy tracks between Nidderdale and Kirby Malzeard][/url] by Pennine

rOcKeTdOg

Foggy, rainy & cold here in the NWAlps

whitestone
    Free Member

Mossdale feels bleak in the middle of summer!

The place has history – http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/what-lies-beneath-mossdale-caving-disaster-794268.html for those who don’t know. Not a cave I ever, ever thought of visiting.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Not in Oxford at 6.30am on my commute either, same temp as same time yesterday (4.5C), though with less wind and lighter rain.

martinhutch

The place has history – http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/what-lies-beneath-mossdale-caving-disaster-794268.html for those who don’t know. Not a cave I ever, ever thought of visiting.

Yeh, that’s part of it, for me. On a day like today you could imagine them building the dam to try to divert the flood.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Loving that Niddedale/Kirby photo!!

Is that the lane from Pateley/Brimham over the top past the farm and the sharp u turn on the way to Kirby??

Looks ace, one of my face routes that.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

T shirt order this morning (Punchbowl)

Only felt chilly after 15:00

pennine
    Free Member

BikeBouy: Dallowgill to Bouthwaite

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Phew, warm out eh??’ is closed to new replies.