Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • phantom shifting
  • oddjob
    Free Member

It's driving me mad on my roadrat. There are no problems at all when I am sitting but as soon as I am out of the saddle the gears are all over the place. I am running 1×9 with a 50 tooth compact single chainring at the front and an XT shifter and cassette at the rear. I think there may be some problems with excessive cross over, but it happens all over the cassette and makes riding in the woods a nightmare.
    Any ideas?

Olly
    Free Member

indexing is out.

cables may be a bit sticky?

cross over certainly wont help

kaiser
    Free Member

try full length gear outers …on some bikes (eg my old nrs) frame flex can cause the problem. A full length outer sorted mine.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I never seem to have a problem with phantom shifting despite putting my 105kg lump on an NRS and mashing the pedals?

Suggsey
    Free Member

worn chain and cassette first option after indexing not quite being spot on. I too found the easiest way of sorting it is running full legnth outer.

glenncampbell

To be honest as soon as I get problems like that I'll change the cassette and chain, look at the chainrings and change the geat cable too. I can't stand bikes not doing what they're meant to do quietly and well!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘phantom shifting’ is closed to new replies.