Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pf30 gusset bb bearings
  • crispy1980
    Free Member

Hi all, basically, when I had thus bb installed the shop said it was serviceable as in replaceable bearings. Bearings have alnow become rough and want replacement. However, I’ve just removed the cranks and the bearings appear to sit against a flange within the cups, and as such cannot be knocked out. Is it feasible that it’s designed to be completely replaced, rather than just bearings? It’s an alloy cup job. Cheers, Chris

rone

I’d like to know this.

I did just bash mine out and change it as the bearings didn’t last five minutes but the guy who built the bike said you could replace them.

Sorry I can’t be of any more help.

kirky72
    Free Member

They should be sat against a circlip which a smaller diameter then the bearing so from the opposite side with the right tool you can knock them out. Takes a bit of patience with placement and rotating said tool but they will come out.

Most basic form being the below, I’m not the most elegant of mechanics but managed fine with this.
    Hook through from her side wiggle until pressing against bearing but clearing circlip and bash from the other side.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fsa-bb30-bearing-removal-e0019/rp-prod36371?gs=1&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Chain+Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-TB-SE-Shopping+QLB+Manufacturer+Tablet&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid%7Csjn5izWFl_dt%7Cpcrid%7C161824835183%7Cpkw%7C%7Cpmt%7C%7Cprd%7C123585UK

crispy1980
    Free Member

That’s what I was expecting, but the bearing is sitting against what looks like an alloy lip that seems to be the same diameter as the bearing?

rone

Just for the record I managed to get my bearings out of my gusset bb by using a hope bearing set for pro 2 hubs.

But I think my bb is different to yours. Mine is the pf30/24 conversion.

davros

30mm bearing extractor: link

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pf30 gusset bb bearings’ is closed to new replies.