Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Peugeot – How Bad? Am I Mad?
  • orangeboy
    Free Member

Have that switch on the wrong side sounds almost as stupid as putting an ecu under the passenger side floor carpet where it will get wet like vw passats had

darrell
    Free Member

I had a 2 litre petrol 306 estate for a few years when I lived in Switzerland. Got flogged all around the Alps and Germany and totally mistreated and never failed me once. Great car

molgrips
    Free Member

Have that switch on the wrong side sounds almost as stupid as putting an ecu under the passenger side floor carpet where it will get wet like vw passats had

In fairness, they did fix that.

stumpy01

So, is this the thing with French cars….they are either bomb proof, or complete turds? There seems to be little in between.

The reason for me deciding to go against my probably biased distrust of French cars and buy our C3 Picasso was my in-laws Xsara Picasso that went all over the bloody place without issue, including a round trip back to the UK from Alicante perhaps twice a year.

Similarly, a bloke at work has had Citroens for several years. He’s currently on his second DS3 and also has a C4 Picasso. He loves them and reckons he has had no issue.

We must just be unlucky that the two French cars (one Peugeot, one Citroen) we have had in the last 5 years have been reliability turds.

Oh, a small thing perhaps but another design detail on the C3 Picasso that boils my piss….

The spec we went for has auto wipers….to activate the auto wipe, you press the stick downwards (and it springs back). But on lower models, this is the ‘one swipe’ function that I think most cars have. So, because we have auto-wipers we have no one swipe capability.
    It wouldn’t be so bad, were it not for the fact that the auto wipers either seem to do nothing or go full-bore high speed panic wiping, so we generally don’t use them & there is no option to alter the sensitivity.
    On top of that, the intermittent wipers are non user adjustable; the intermittency is speed related. So at motorway speeds in light drizzle they run at a high frequency wipe, which isn’t what is required……so you have to either put up with them squawking across the screen or tum them off & use the ‘one wipe’ function, which oh wait a minute, turns the auto wipers on…..

trail_rat
    Free Member

So, is this the thing with French cars….they are either bomb proof, or complete turds? There seems to be little in between.

BillMC

I had a Pug 406 HDi. Had to replace the engine at 60,000 miles, it was a nightmare. I replaced it with a Toyota and then drove for a month in France. Bearing in mind the French like French cars, I saw very few of them on the road. Lesson learnt. You couldn’t give one to me now.

ali69er
    Free Member

So my conclusion can be that all cars have problems and I might be ok with a 308

Edukator
    Free Member

In 2016 there wasn’t a non French car in the top ten cars sold in France, Bill. (edit to remove dodgy link). You have to go back to 2013 to find a Polo in the top ten.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Peugeot – How Bad? Am I Mad?’ is closed to new replies.