Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Peugeot car radio replacement – disconect battery?
  • fastindian
    Free Member

Ok I am about to replace the factory fitted radio/cd player in my 2001 pug 406. I’ve got plug n play harness adaptor ready to fit.

A brief look on tinternet show possible problems with trip computer etc after battery reconnection, so can I get away without disconnecting the battery??

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

my son done it in a 206(fnar fnar)without disconnecting the battery and everything was fine,but pug electrics can and do go batshit even if you disconect or reconect the battery without following correct procedure.

tron
    Free Member

There is a procedure for disconnecting the battery on some 406s. Look it up and follow it! Getting it wrong results in various computers having a full on nervous breakdown. The replacement parts aren’t cheap and take a good while to get to the dealer

Sandwich

Unless you are going to expose bare wire ends or live terminals I wouldn’t bother disconnecting the battery. An exposed live terminal would be one not within a plastic connector. If it’s all plug together then it should be intrinsically safe (it’s a French car so the last statement may not be true).

Sandwich

Unless you are going to expose bare wire ends or live terminals I wouldn’t bother disconnecting the battery. An exposed live terminal would be one not grouped within a plastic connector. If it’s all plug together then it should be intrinsically safe (it’s a French car so the last statement may not be true).

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Your fine. As above unless you plan to short circuit some thing. Just what for 5 mins after the ignition was switched off (Bsi going into sleep mode) then your fine. Depending on model and year your channel display won’t work unless you bought the correct interface ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Peugeot car radio replacement – disconect battery?’ is closed to new replies.