Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • peugeot bipper van
  • marcus
    Free Member

Anyone drive one of these on a daily basis. I’m looking for a small van and at a claimed 70+mpg these sound good.

piemonster

Good luck getting that mpg

maccruiskeen

Take the milage figures with a pinch of salt – theres a few of these new, small, seemingly very frugal diesels sabout. They’re small with big turbos and you need to drive them very very gently to get those figures, as soon as you get into the range where the turbo kicks in they get very thirsty – thirstier than bigger engines especially for motorway driving. Vauxhall astra and combo vans come with 1.3 diesel engines too but the bigger 1.7 engines are more economical for real driving conditions.

Depending in what you need from the van load space wise astra vans with the 1.7cdti can get real world 60mpg- I can eek that out to 65mpg sometimes.

marcus
    Free Member

Providing I can get 50mpg it makes it worth while buying one. I completely forgot about the Astra van Mac – Doh.

maccruiskeen

I completely forgot about the Astra van

Everyone does, if economy is the key consideration then they’re pretty much the cheapest way (in terms of capital and revenue) you can drive about without having to dress like a motorcyclist.

marcus
    Free Member

Wonder what sort of APR they’re doing on new ones ??

hexhamstu
    Free Member

The 2011 berlingo I’ve got claimed 54, I’ve got 44ish…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘peugeot bipper van’ is closed to new replies.