Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Peugeot bikes, I've not seen them for many a year…
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

A lot of youthful memories return… A shame the bikes are just badge engineered clones, and the site is utter gash.

http://www.peugeot.com/en/products-services/cycles

stevede
    Free Member

My first mountain bike was a Tim Gould replica, loved that bike!

Mister-P
    Free Member

My first MTB was a Peugeot, more years ago than I care to remember. Not sure I want to click the link.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    khani
    Free Member

😀 still in daily use..

IHN

I had a Peugeot Premier racerroad bike. Loved it.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

No… slim steel was peugeots forte.

safi

I had a ten speed Elite back in the day and have just bought a CR23 road bike.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Alpina 15 speed MTB, first real bike, snapped two frames before moving the third on before it went the same way. Very fond memories

40mpg

I had a 753 road bike – 2nd hand, purportedly an ex pro-team bike used for race service on the milk race. Very skinny stays but still stiff, light and fast.

Did a lot of miles on that bike 🙂

I’m liking the one above. Can they do a retro (a la Tom Simpson era black/white check) paint job on that?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No… slim steel was peugeots Chas Roberts’ forte.

FTFtheretroheads

bazookajoe
    Free Member

Now I can get that bike I’ve always needed for ‘easy or extreme trekking’ and a sport bike ‘designed for everyday sports people’. Hmmm

mrblobby
    Free Member

My 20 something year old Triathlon 531. Still going strong doing turbo duty…

Edit: Yes, it is pink and brown!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

CFH, I was at the first race where Tim Gould and Dave Baker turned up on Peugeot stickered White Spiders. They blew everyone away. Racing was never the same afterwards.

gecko76

Peugot Black Lion BMX with the cast aluminium ‘spokes’ is what made me the man I am today.

Kuco

I use to have one of these a 753 Chorus.

DoctorRad
    Free Member

I have a Peugeot cyclocross bike of indeterminate vintage. On the verge of being re-hashed into an on-off road ‘cybrid’.

ourmaninthenorth

I have a Peugeot cyclocross bike of indeterminate vintage. On the verge of being re-hashed into an on-off road ‘cybrid’.

SSCX all the way.

Macavity
    Free Member

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I used to have a 753 chorus road bike, nice bike fast and looked fab, wish I still had the frame, would have swapped out the campag for a decent groupset.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Ps mine was not pink, it was blue!!!

OmarLittle
    Free Member

there is a guy on bikeradar forum who designs bikes for them and they were looking at getting back into high end bikes again

the TT bike looks the part anyway

minzo
    Free Member

My Teamline
    [/url]
    IMG_0056 by minzo78, on Flickr[/img]

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

A shame the bikes are just badge engineered clones, and the site is utter gash.

Like so many others sadly,

DoctorRad
    Free Member

SSCX all the way

Nah, the plan is to turn the ’92 Xizang into a singlespeed 😉

chiefgrooveguru

My first MTB was an ’88 Peugeot 24er. Looked like a small offroad version of Khani’s bike up there!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A shame the bikes are just badge engineered clones, and the site is utter gash.

Playing devils advocate…………

How is a steel Peugeot racing bike made from Reynolds XXX any different form another builders steel racing bike made from Reynolds XXX, same tubeset, same geometry, different paintjob. You could argue that a Bob Jackson is just like a Mercia, which is just like a Dave Yates. Ok there were little things that made builders unique either in practical terms or just that they shaped the lugs a bit more, but fundamentaly if I took an Mercian and stuck a Chaz Roberts sticker on it, would you be able to tell the difference?

The site works much better in French (well, there’s less dead links anyway)

DezB
    Free Member

The best road bike I ever owned was a Peugeot Richard Virenque replica. That thing fitted me better than any other bike I’ve owned. BB siezed and it had to be dumped 🙁

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

if my memory serves me peugeot have been making bikes as long as they made cars, maybe longer. They have TdF heritage in there somewhere too but I’m not sure the name, these days, will convince riders to buy their bikes.

Euro
    Free Member

Peugot Black Lion BMX

Now you’re talking my language. Or this bad boy…

meehaja
    Free Member

[/url]
    DSC_5715 by meehaja, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url]
    DSC_5669 by meehaja, on Flickr[/img]

The top one is my latest frame project, the bottom one was a resprayed Performance 2000 Reynolds 535
    frame with full Dura ace

This looks awesome but a bit pricey for Tiagra!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Peugeot bikes, I've not seen them for many a year…’ is closed to new replies.