Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Peugeot 508Sw RXH anyone? got one?
  • hb70

First new (second hand) car in 10 years. I like the Hybrid/4×4/kit/solid diesel combination. From the review s it feels like they stopped making them because the Hybrid costs were too high. But if anyone has any industry or first hand knowledge I would be most grateful if you would share it. Thanks

parkesie
    Free Member

The straight diesel ones are nice to drive not tried a rxh myself so couldnr coment if that translates across. Interiors are nice tho.

chestrockwell

Don’t know about the hybrid but I was interested in the diesel until I looked at a very tidy 4 year old one with low miles that had very noticeable corrosion around the front window. Reinforced my prejudices against French cars.

exupmonkey
    Free Member

I have a 4 year old 2L 508SW. For my budget its great in every way, huge boot, great MPG, lovely to drive and not a spot of rust anywhere, guess I must just be lucky!

hb70

Thanks all for your thoughts

trail_rat
    Free Member

Reinforced my prejudices against French cars.

Strange prejudices as the one thing French cars have always been very good at is not rusting

Something vw never did master.

angeldust
    Free Member

Strange prejudices as the one thing French cars have always been very good at is not rusting

Something vw never did master.

Not that strange. Some late 1970s/early 1980’s renaults (the 14) were rust buckets and that reputation stuck (my Dad still won’t touch them, and french cars in general, for that reason). Agree though that generally rust is one of the last thing you probably need to be concerned about with French cars. Lot of other stuff to worry about first :wink:.

Whatever happened to the Renault 14?

parkesie
    Free Member

4yrs old with corrosion around windscreen sounds more like a poor job at replacing the screen.

simon_g

The PSA hybrid system is bloody awful, and shows what an excellent job Toyota did with theirs.

chestrockwell

My prejudice being that French cars are a bit mince overall, not specifically rust.

It wasn’t rust anyway, it was corrosion to the aluminium strip around the window. Not a huge issue but it made an otherwise tidy and not particularly old car look shabby. Put me off.

I have had a French car as my first was a Citroen AX GT. Superb little motor, when it worked and before it fell to bits! 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Peugeot 508Sw RXH anyone? got one?’ is closed to new replies.