Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • petty insignificant things that really cheer you up
  • s8tannorm
    Free Member

The faces llamas pull when they eat green apples.

The first pint mug of tea after a long, cold, wet ride.

Seeing shooting stars (not those nobs on the telly).

Having a bothy all to yourself.

Watching my 2 lurchers running flat out just because they can.

caledonia
    Free Member

A hug from either of my children, the one which reminds you how special you are to them. Nothing compares.

The silence you get just as your bike leaves the trail. No Chain slap, no pinging rocks, just silence…

Carving smoothe turns in white powder snow.

bassspine
    Free Member

When I'm servicing a customer's bike, scraping the caked on oily gunge off a jockey wheel and getting a complete circle of muck

GeForceJunky

I get loads of random smiles, waves, beeps and flashes when I drive my car around, which always makes me happy that other people are happy.

samuri
    Free Member

Coming home and seeing the dog jump up on the window ledge and start to get excited because I'm home, on-one else in the house does that, even the cat wants food or stroking, the dog is just happy because I'm back home.

A bacon buttie with a big mug of tea in the morning, bliss.

That first time I put a pair of skis on when stood on snow at the start of a way cool holiday in the alps.

Not done this for ages now but starting up a motorbike. Rockin!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Starting up an engine properly, none of this poncey ECU business, one where you have to ballance the throttle, choke and ignition just right, resulting in a huge roar followed by that rythmic thudding modern engines just can't match.

Bonus points if you have to use your third arm to fiddle with the advance at the same time.

And Zip-ties, hours of fun!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Sunshine and Full Moons

juan
    Free Member

Marmite on toast.

Now that is just plain sick…

Mister-P
    Free Member

There was a rainbow on my drive home a few nights ago. A complete arch in really bright colours. It put a big smile on my face.

racefaceec90

DezB And how, prey tell, is RIDING A BIKE a petty, insignificant thing???! ah didn't read question properly. 😳

stumpy01

Bubble wrap and the popping thereof.

The first spd pedal/cleat click as you roll off on a ride that signifies it's time to get moving.

A random smile/look from a stranger.

The first swig of a properly cold lager on a hot day sat outside.

Taking a photo & knowing it's gonna be a corker without having to check it on the display.

etc…..etc…..there's more than I thought.

windowshopper
    Free Member

Half way home on my commute, the tarmac ends and the grit track starts with a satisfying sound of tyres on grit. Aural bliss.

noteeth
    Free Member

Bus drivers from rival companies waving at each other.

DaRC_L

A great shuffle sequence on my Ipod.
    A headwind shifting to behind me.
    The first beer on a Friday night.

Plus quite a few of the above.

Kahurangi

The faces llamas pull when they eat green apples.

This made me laugh out loud for a whole minute.

odannyboy
    Free Member

getting a cheeky flash of a womans thong/knickers when your walking/cycling/shopping behind them.

the random weirdo's in your town who compleatly go against convention/sense.

second the random odd shuffle sequence on ipod that just keeps playing the exact songs your in the mood for.

hearing a two stroke mx bike on full chat in the distance

the smell of chipshops in the distance, on the evening air.

top fuel dragsters launching

when a classic tune comes on the radio,that you havent heard for donkeys
    as your driving along and it brings memorys back as you crank it up and just grin 🙂

odannyboy
    Free Member

come on, there must be more!

Peregrine
    Free Member

Gf's dog jumping in my pond after the frogs, makes me smile just thinking about it.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘petty insignificant things that really cheer you up’ is closed to new replies.