Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Petrolheads, which one would you pick?
  • CountZero

The red one?

The blue one?

Or the black one?

tlr

Red

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The order in which you posted them.

RustySpanner

As a car, the Alfa.
    As an object, the Bentley.

I’d be too scared to drive the Ferrari, and anyway, everyone knows that they look better in yellow.

brakes
    Free Member

the Bentley

epicyclo

The truck, I mean the Bentley…

tomhoward

What dd said.

CountZero

Interesting choices. My choice would be the Alpha, then the Bentley, and I’d be too terrified to even think about driving the Ferrari, mainly because of its history and value. It certainly shouldn’t be in yellow, it’s a 250 GTO, and red is the only colour for GTO’s. it’s the law, dammit!
    I can’t see the current owner ever parting with it, anyway, he’s not exactly hurting for cash!

beefheart
    Free Member

Unquestionably the red one.

beefheart
    Free Member

I would be happy to rag the tits off the Ferrari.
    🙂

petrieboy

mleh, yellow one looks like a rover vitesse and the bentley isn’t even a blower. I’ll stick with my Zafira thanks…..

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’d pick the red one then sell it. It’s the most valuable right? if I’m wrong, then in a real world situation where I can just pick one I’d do more than 15 seconds of brain bollocks under westons vintage cider influence, and pick the most valuable one. and then sell it. We get to pick it, and just take it home right? you wern’t very specific with The Rules.

beefheart
    Free Member

Surely the rules were to be to have the most fun with it??

TheFlyingOx

I’d be sorely tempted by the blue one, as I’ve never had a thing for Ferraris.

It would be nice to pick the black one though, drive it into a garage for a few months, tinker, then reappear with something not too dissimilar from the following:

Obviously I’d have spent the months away painstakingly taking measurements and building a replica to give the hotrod look to. I’m not a complete animal.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Isnt the alfa the batmobile from the 1970s batman tv show ???

Ferarri is nice but bikes go in bentley easier 😉

CountZero

Kevevs – Member
    I’d pick the red one then sell it. It’s the most valuable right? if I’m wrong, then in a real world situation where I can just pick one I’d do more than 15 seconds of brain bollocks under westons vintage cider influence, and pick the most valuable one. and then sell it. We get to pick it, and just take it home right? you wern’t very specific with The Rules.

There were no rules, it was just which would you pick given a choice. As regards the value, you’re not wrong about the red Ferrari, it’s number plate alone is probably worth tens of thousands of pounds, if not a hundred or so; any 250 GTO owner would sell family members to have ‘250 GTO’ on their car. As a guide, a ’62 GTO , built for Stirling Moss, but never driven by him, and raced at Le Mans but, IIRC not finishing, recently sold for $32 million…
    This one has Jean Alessi’s name on the door, and the owner is Nick Mason.
    (Pink Floyd’s drummer, for anyone not familiar with the name…) 😉
    And yes, I’d have it for several weeks*, rag the nuts off it, then sell it, and buy the Alfa!
    *Probably only on a circuit. Or nice warm evening drives out to a pub…
    Dammit, who am I trying to kid! Given the option, it would have to be the GTO, a proper Ferrari racing car that’s road legal; what’s not to like.
    I’d still probably scare myself shitless, but you only get to live once, right? 😀
    Edit] trail_rat, the Alpha is an 8C, a modern take on a much older Alpha, came out a couple of years ago, I think.
    I’ll check.
    Right, it was announced in 2006, it’s designed by Alpha, built by Maserati on a production line next to their own GT, the engine is based on a Masser unit, but with lots of tweaking by Alpha, but built by Ferrari…
    500 were built, that number could have been sold twice over within 14 days. At £111,600…
    http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/212145/alfa_romeo_8c_competizione.html

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

*Alfa 😉

Tough choice though…

JCL
    Free Member

They’re all to compromised. I’d have a Caterham

hora
    Free Member

Ariel Atom V8

brakes
    Free Member

with 29″ wheels?

andyl
    Free Member

This one has Jean Alessi’s name on the door, and the owner is Nick Mason.

I thought it might be, don’t remember the reg as it was being worked on but a 250 GTO and a yellow Daytona next to each other gave it away.

Great guy, had a very memorable afternoon with him showing me round all his cars.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

deffinatly the bentley.

CountZero

JCL – Member

And a Caterham isn’t? Seriously? A tiny little car, with no practical day-to-day use, virtually no carrying capacity for anything other than the driver less compromised than the Alpha?
    At least the GTO has enough room behind the seats where you could cram an overnight bag, or even a duffel with a week’s worth of gear in.
    And a proper roof!
    Not that I dislike the Caterham, I love them to bits, but they are just as much compromised by their size and design as the GTO is. Even the truck Bentley can carry four people and some luggage!
    Bit draughty, though… 😀

teethgrinder

The Bentley if it had a roots blower.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

AlFa! FGS, spell it properly…

CountZero

Sorry! (Contrite face 😳 )
    What I hadn’t realised, until I was reading about the history of Alfa, was that Enzo Ferrari worked for them, first as a driver, then team manager, before leaving to develop his own cars.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Is the black one what the Anthill Mob had?

JCL
    Free Member

And a Caterham isn’t? Seriously? A tiny little car, with no practical day-to-day use, virtually no carrying capacity for anything other than the driver less compromised than the Alpha?

Compromised for performance.

piemonster

The Bentley without hesitation.

In the real world the Alfa

Good lord, imagine it. An Alfa being the sensible option.

spchantler
    Free Member

easy, i’d pick the ac cobra

richmtb

If we are talking rare Ferrari’s I’ll have this one

Bit rare to use as a daily driver (think they built 4) so for that I’d have a F40

epicyclo

trail_rat – Member

Ferarri is nice but bikes go in bentley easier

The answer of a real cyclist… 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Petrolheads, which one would you pick?’ is closed to new replies.