Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Petrol prices in France
  • colwyn58
    Free Member

Hi,

Am driving to the Alps shortly and am wondering if, with the current Euro rate, petrol is any cheaper in France than over here? Also I gather (as in the UK) that it’s more expensive on the motorways/service stations – if this is the case how far off route do I need to go to find cheaper fuel?

jedi

it was 1.35 euros a litre 2 weeks ago

uplink
    Free Member

The French government have a website for this

http://www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr/index.php

simon_g

If you can manage basic french, this website lists petrol prices everywhere in france: http://www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr/

pault41
    Free Member

I'm guessing that GPL on their site relates to LPG GAS ,as it seems to be 40% less per litre as in the UK.

Anyone know about prices in Germany for LPG>

I run on LPG thats why.

uplink
    Free Member

Not sure about prices per se in Germany but I believe they are similar to the rest of mainland Europe

Remember you can't use the Channel Tunnel with a LPG car & you will likely need an adapter as the connections seem to vary from county to country

pault41
    Free Member

Cheers for that , got a box of adaptors as been on LPG for a few years,only last few years that most are standard in mainland Britain.THANKS FOR NOTE ON TUNNEL TOO.

mavisto
    Free Member

Got back from Normandy just over a week ago. Diesel prices varied quite a lot with prices ranging from 0.96 to 1.38 Euros. As with the UK, supermarkets seem to be the cheapest.

There are signs for Supermarkets like Carrefour, E'Leclerc, Super U and Intermarche all over the place but they take a bit of understanding and they don't always show if there is fuel. They give the town where the supermarket is and then the road that the supermarket is on. But they don't give the road name they give the route to another town. You therefore follow signs to the main town where the supermarket is and then follow the signs for the second town. The supermarket will then be on the route to the second town.

It sounds complicated, but it works remarkably well. I found the Decathlon in Le Havre this way and then spent a load of money on cycling jerseys.

uplink
    Free Member

If you are keen to track down the best prices 'en route' then a Tomtom would be able to find the nearest supermarket

But TBH [as above] just tank it at a supermarket in Calais & then live with the slightly higher Autoroute prices until you get there – I can't see it costing much extra [another fiver maybe]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Petrol prices in France’ is closed to new replies.