Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Petrol prices – How much before you say 'enough'?
  • bigthunder
    Free Member

The problem I have is there is no alternative how else do I hoof my bike about or do abig shop or take the dog somewhere decent? Buses are mobile asylums.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Most of my driving is leisure as I walk or ride to work. I wouldn’t stop having days out with the family or friends as they are pretty much priceless, but I’d be more likely to cook at home or take a picnic rather than stop at a pub or cafe if the fuel cost was a lot higher.

PJM1974
    Free Member

If this (or the previous one for that matter) were at all serious about mitigating carbon emissions instead of simply tapping the revenues, then I suspect we’d have a much better alternative transport network than we do have currently.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

to be honest fuel prices aren’t really that big a deal for me – I do less than 2k a year (lots of small trips to the beach for kitesurfing, and the very occasional trip to the south west or wales, but it’s rare these days).

The real killer blow for me will be Insurance costs, which I find incredibly annoying that as I get older it’s STILL getting more expensive.

pah!

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I have a 250cc Motorbike its costs about £20 to fill up and i get about 260 miles to the tank. I usually just commute between Bolton and Blackburn on it and the odd ride out now and again.

Don’t really go on many long ride outs like i used to as I can’t justify the cost of filling up to piss it all away just for the sake of a thrash.

I think if it got to the £2 mark then id really have to consider not going on any rides and just commuting. Girlfriend has a Small Fiat Cinquecento and she puts about £40 a month in which lasts all month including random journeys.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bigthunder – Member

The problem I have is there is no alternative how else do I hoof my bike about or do abig shop or take the dog somewhere decent? Buses are mobile asylums.

Bike / train / walk /bus

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

I don’t actually need a car, only have landys for going biking and because its a hobby. If fuel gets silly I’ll just use them less.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Petrol prices – How much before you say 'enough'?’ is closed to new replies.