Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • petrol lawnmower help
  • spendtoomuch
    Free Member

Right,

I have a honda engined petrol lawnmower and havd tried to use it for the first time this year. I started uo after a couple of goes but seems to cut out when cutting grass as if it doesn’t have the power

Any idea’s?

ktmblag
    Free Member

have you put fresh petrol in

Markie
    Free Member

My Izy had the same problem – or at least the same symptoms.

I thought petrol line was blocked so massaged that a bit to try to clear it. I believe this helped.

Also, the head if the lead that connects to the spark plug had slipped back on the lead, meaning the metal bit inside the head that needs to contact the spark plug wasn’t. I sorted this (slide head of lead to end of cable – you’ll see a little circular metal plate which needs to be able to contact the spark plug end, quick rub round inside with sandpaper to clean up little metal plate, reconnect to spark plug, dab of some kind of glue to hold head in place after checking it worked) and then was good to go.

The petrol thing may have been a red herring with mine, but I did it first and felt manly whilst doing so. That said, the problem persisted until after doing the spark thing!

Those are the things I’d check! Good luck!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Take plug out , look at it , probably corroded from. Winter of doing nothing.

Clean it up with a bit of sand paper

Heat it up with a lighter , stick it back in.

Wil likely fire up straight away.

Never had issue with old petrol, usally store with minimum in anyway and top up with fresh come the new season.

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah, low power is probably a dodgy plug. Cleaning the plug and the lead contacts should see it right.

spendtoomuch
    Free Member

Brilliant,

Thanks for the replies, was about to try them out but it started hammering it down, typical!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘petrol lawnmower help’ is closed to new replies.