Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 455 total)
  • Petrol-grabbing idiots!
  • binners

is it because they’re all whiney middle class cockbags?

kimbers

binners – Member

Maude does seem to be Call-me-Daves human shield at the moment. You totter off out there and be abused by everyone on my behalf, there’s a good chap

maybe nick clegg is suffering shell shock from having done the job too much lately

still were not talking about the economy following that other cameron down a long dark hole in the ground so the tory plan must be working!

jota180
    Free Member

Me (much MUCH more smugglly) “I commute by cycle and don’t own a car, ner ner”.

Surely that’s nothing to be too smug about 😉

I get a car and fuel for free, commute down the stairs to work and if I have to go anywhere and there’s no fuel, I just go back to bed and get paid all the same

higgo
    Free Member

is it because they’re all whiney middle class cockbags?

I am.
    But not all of us, surely?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Nicely blown – you were in there, she was giving you the come on and everything, but what sort of air hostess is going to go out with a bloke who can’t even afford a car 😆

D0NK

jesus i’d be ashamed enough of that smarmy air hostess shite talk the first time that i don’t think i’d repeat it for a second.

there’s a reason folks dislike cyclists. TBF the CC sounded like she was being smug git in the first place.

And folk dislike cyclists coz they feel inferior 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

This government are an untrustworthy bunch of shysters who wilfully manipulate the media in order to misrepresent facts or divert attention.

The last government was an untrustworthy bunch of shysters who wilfully manipulated the media in order to misrepresent facts or divert attention.

Serious note –

The only surprise is that the public assume that the opposition won’t turn into a self serving shower of barstewards the minute after they’re elected, perhaps it’s time to pressure our MPs to change the system rather than allowing the system to change our expectations.

Almost as serious note –

I’ve gone and ordered some new tyres for my AM bike, which I’ll be taking to Scotland in June. Incidentally, it’ll be the first time I’m allowed to ride after three months of medically enforced layoff so I’m really looking forward to it. If I cannot get to work because of fuel strikes, I’ll sit at home and catch up with cycle maintenence.

tracknicko
    Free Member

as above, she sounded like she was angling for a day in bed with you if you ask me. and you blew it with some ‘i’m fitter than you love boollocks’

Markie
    Free Member

I filled up my car and a jerry can this morning. Car because it was red lighting, jerry can cause it was empty and so is my mower. No queues at all, about 9:30 or so.

And I’ll be stuffed if the gas station shuts cause the car is a diesel and the mower is gasoline…

D0NK

Nicely blown – you were in there,

never seen the appeal of cabin crew what is it? authoritarian? troweled on make up? Uniform? Mind you I don’t “get” a lot of the stuff blokes lust for. If desiring beer fags football and carol vorderman is normal I’ll stay weird thankyou.

sobriety
    Free Member

tracknicko
    Free Member

any port in a petrol-shortage-induced storm.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

I need fuel for work. Have gone over my milage allowance for the year…back in january, so i’ve been subsidising the NHS to drive to the clinic/domicillary visits that ive been sent to.. to stop peoples feet rotting off. Im not going to whine or whinge about it. I drive a vehicle on the roads, its my job, and it gets me to the hills for my riding fix.

My Career choice, im part of the problem, Fuel is getting low, but dont whine about it, dont whine about people filling up while they can! Our love affair with the petrol engine and our need to flatten the land with tarmac to facilitate its use is our bloody fault!

Go fill up, have a moan about the price, have a moan about the queue, have a moan about having to drive around to find fuel due to everyone else having more than a pair of brain cells to rub together and get on with it like everyone else…

Junkyard
    Free Member

If desiring beer fags football and carol vorderman is normal I’ll stay weird thankyou.

BURN THE WITCH

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Forget the fuel, food is where its at!

Stocking up on beans, beer & wet wipes tonight……;-)

How come people panic buy bread, but never panic buy yeast and flour..?

MrOvershoot

camo16 – Member
    Apparently, several petrol stations in North Liverpool are out of fuel already.

Not surprised at all, they love a good crisis to moan/panic about.

And before you say anything I’ve been working in Liverpool for 15 years and have observed it first hand :.>

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Mind you I don’t “get” a lot of the stuff blokes lust for. If desiring beer fags football and carol vorderman is normal I’ll stay weird thankyou.

woa, too cool for skool or what? bit of a fail on being chuffed about out-smugging a trolley dolly though

Cougar

Well, I’m back.

I deliberately took a late lunch in the hope it’d be ‘off-peak’ but Tesco’s filling station was a bunfight. When I left I counted fifteen cars queuing to get onto the forecourt in addition to the eight or so at pumps.

Tempers were fraying; one guy tried to queue jump in front of me, seemed shocked when I didn’t give a bloody inch and then lent on the horn at me instead.

I commented to the woman on the register that it was a bit mad out there, she said it’d been like this non-stop for three days.

People are idiots.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i didn’t realise people were being that idiotic!! I better get down there before it all sells out

theflatboy
    Free Member

first i’ve heard about this petrol issue was today. interestingly i’m in qatar working, and the petrol here’s about 18p (1 Qatari Riyal) a litre!

s
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

Forget the fuel, food is where its at!

Stocking up on beans, beer & wet wipes tonight……;-)

How come people panic buy bread, but never panic buy yeast and flour..?

Beats me too Pete, beans and beer is all you need 😉

voodoo_chile

Mr overshoot, true there is a bit of that mindset going on…..but the only winner is the oil trade ……panic buying when shares drop cause a problem then people buying a months worth of fuel in 4 days …easy and us tools fall for it all the time

scaredypants

beans and beer is all you need

If you’re going to only eat beans and only drink beer, some wet wipes (or bread at a push) are going to come in handy sooner or later

porter_jamie

i’ve booked a hotel on exmoor for 5 days over easter. the van has at least enough in it to get there. worry about getting home later!

Rubber_Buccaneer

And how was your in flight meal, any pubes stuck to it after it’s couple of laps around the toilet bowl?

Rich_s

Brimmed both of ours last night which must make me one of the panicking hoardes…

Some quite angry people, some spectacularly poor driving at the pumps and lots of old giffers putting less than a tenner in having faffed around getting near the pump in the first place. It’ll keep smwbo’s car going for 3 weeks and me for 6 days or so.

Best get the tin hat out in case the locals come round and try to nick it.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Good god, I’ve just witnessed it 1st hand. nipped to supermarket for the food shop and the van was low on juice so thought I’d fill up, queuing 20 deep with gerry cans in hand for when they’ve brimmed their cars. Asshats, there should be a cull of the cretins!

allthepies
    Free Member

Just filled up, no queues, no fuss, straight up to pump.

Surrey/Hants borders.

CountZero

I thought I’d fill mine up as it was about a quarter full and I’ll be using it for a couple of longish drives this w/e, and I got paid today. Popped along to the usual place about half a mile away, and virtually every pump was covered, so I went to the next nearest and a few pumps were locked, but I filled up, and took the opportunity to give the car a good jet wash too, so all’s good here, for about a month until I need to fill up again…

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Love the general trend of people starting their post on the defensive:

“Well, I was going to fill up anyway, but you should have seen all the idiots filling up etc.”

Massive denial of being as selfish and panicky as everyone else.

chewkw
    Free Member

Quick buy as much as you can because the strike is going to start tomorrow so all petrol stations are going to be totally dry … 😆 … not.

Cougar

Love the general trend of people starting their post on the defensive:

Defensive or no, doesn’t change the fact the tank’s been empty for two days.

Quick buy as much as you can because the strike is going to start tomorrow everyone else is panic-buying so all petrol stations are going to be totally dry

FTFY.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Defensive or no, doesn’t change the fact the tank’s been empty for two days.

Why so desperate to appear “cool”?

Surely there is nothing shameful about being cautious, even if it is mis-placed?

Cougar

I am cool, no desperation required.

Why so desperate to prove otherwise?

FeeFoo
    Free Member

…not desperate enough to start a thread depicting how cool I am, obviously.

orange
    Free Member

in urban areas they should charge a set minimum figure of £50 irrespective of the amount of fuel put in the tank for cars – that would reduce it somewhat

never understood the drive up and stick £10 in the tank stategy of maintaining a cars fuel amount

hopefully in our lifetime the majority of car users will ‘eventually’ switch to electric cars with 100mile range – more than enough for the school run, supermarket run, yoga run, retail park at the weekend run, coffee break at the trendy chorlton deli run

showerman
    Free Member

bloody idiots just been to tescos to fill up for work tomorrow and you cannot get near the forecourt at 19.45 normally very quite at this time of night

Cougar

…not desperate enough to start a thread depicting how cool I am, obviously.

Either your reply is misplaced or you’re mistaken as to who started the thread.

in urban areas they should charge a set minimum figure of £50 irrespective of the amount of fuel put in the tank for cars – that would reduce it somewhat

Sucks to be a motorcyclist in your Utopia.

never understood the drive up and stick £10 in the tank stategy of maintaining a cars fuel amount

I’ll often do that if I’m close to running out and it’s a more expensive station. I only fill up where I can get the best price.

There’s also the theory that filling a tank costs more fuel to lug the weight around. Though that’s probably offset by driving to the station twice a week to put a couple of pints in.

rockhopper70

never mind petrol….the drought has hit Yorkshire so I’m stocking up on water…before everyone else does! 😯

chunkypaul
    Free Member

hey – at least your pension fund will be benefit from it!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 455 total)

The topic ‘Petrol-grabbing idiots!’ is closed to new replies.