Viewing 15 posts - 441 through 455 (of 455 total)
  • Petrol-grabbing idiots!
  • davidjones15
    Free Member

Do you have anywhere you really need to be tomorrow? I don’t. A lot of people do though!

😆

MrOvershoot

I’m now wondering with a slight sense of foreboding how many more accidents involving petrol are going to happen now many more people have fuel in cans 🙁

john_drummer
    Free Member

Morrisons petrol station today was more or less normal, unleaded 136.9p/litre.

Small van that used the pump before me put in a whole £10 worth. wow, that’s going to get him a long way.

I was driving on fumes, £67 worth in a Citroen C4. That would normally last me until next weekend, but (a) it’s a long weekend and (b) we’ll be visiting the in-laws, 100+ miles each way. They better have some petrol in Tynemouth…

Later in the day I remembered I needed some screenwash, so I went to my local Total station. No Fuel. All because (a) the government said “Don’t Panic” and (b) the media reported people “not panicking”.

Sometimes I really do wonder about the Great British Media (TM). Ever notice how there’s always enough “news” to fill a “newspaper”?

nealglover
    Free Member

I was driving on fumes, £67 worth in a Citroen C4.

Did you need to fill it to the brim ?

Or did you just do it in case there was a shortage next time you needed fuel. In which case, how is that different from anyone else buying fuel that they don’t really need, but did it just in case.

And why complain about the guy buying £10 ?

Maybe that’s all he needs for the week, so he’s the sensible one who’s not buying more than required.

There are a lot of pots calling kettles black on this thread IMHO.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ever notice how there’s always enough “news” to fill a “newspaper”?

Wtf would you expect? Eight blank pages at the back apart from a message ‘Sorry, not enough stuff happened today’..?

samuri
    Free Member

£10 will last me a week no problem. HTH.

edit: that’s in a 2.2 diesel by the way, not some little van.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Small van that used the pump before me put in a whole £10 worth. wow, that’s going to get him a long way.

just topping up the fuel they used to get fuel?

DezB
    Free Member

Ha! Empty petrol station; £1.40 a litre.
    I didn’t have to queue so my head didn’t explode and I didn’t have to pay any yoot to queue for me. Never have I been happier filling my tank.
    On the way back from a decent ride with my kid on his new bike too.
    Which was nice.

loum
    Free Member

Petrol panic may have kept UK out of recession

National heroes, they should be honoured in the Queen’s next list.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Well the general population is there to be used after all.

If you can raise a laugh for your finely financed pals at how easily they are fooled and used, all the better. 🙁

Royal row barge anyone? – with the rich sitting in it and the poor rowing. What a money wasting and perfect symbol of our times and representation of how the population is viewed from ‘above’.

oleole1999
    Free Member

This is Panic Britain for you, the media create all the fuss then live of the mayhem it causes.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Could be fun to take (non-petrol) containers to the garage and fill them up from the garages water supply – might spook out anybody watching – if someone asks about it you can say it is because of the upcoming water shortage…

Would have to wait for another dry spell for it to work though 🙁

pinhead
    Free Member

british press for ya!

loum
    Free Member
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Needs a thread of its own. loum 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 441 through 455 (of 455 total)

The topic ‘Petrol-grabbing idiots!’ is closed to new replies.