Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Peter Kay – not funny
  • LoveTubs
    Free Member

I have to disagree, McIntyre is spot on. I have young children and this is my life in a nutshell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70XfGDfNq0o

Those singlies out their, choosing your matching pants and waterproofs for sundays ride……. you have no idea 😆

RustySpanner

See, I don’t find McIntyre brilliantly funny myself, but I don’t understand the hatred – he’s just a decent observational comic isn’t he?
    Does’t do a lot for me, but technically, he’s great.

Same with Mrs Brown.
    It’s just The Glums isn’t it?
    I’d have liked to have seen it as a stage show, I bet it was great.
    The timing is spot on, but the material and characterisation leaves me cold without a pint.

I much prefer a classic clown – Stan & Ollie for preference, but Miranda’s doing a decent job & is perfectly watchable.

Someone a bit surreal, Vic & Bob, Milligan, or something that’s so well written that it just takes your breath away – Ronnie Barker’s Stuff or Eric & Ernie.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Peter Kay had one and a half decent dvd’s, after which he has been far from funny, Ricky gerveis…never funny….ever.

Drac

Mad Max 2 is on ITV so that’s me sorted.

samuri
    Free Member

Is anyone else having trouble understanding what John Bishop is saying?

Oooh, don’t get me started. I’ve spent many, many years in Liverpool. Married a scouser, have plenty of scouse relatives and you know what? I’ve never, ever met anyone who talks like that. It’s almost like he’s putting it on but that can’t be true can it?

And at some point I assume he says funny things, but I guess I’ve not been there at the right time yet.

weare138
    Free Member

His one funny joke was on blue Peter this afternoon –
    Knock Knock
    Whose there?
    Ash
    Ash who?
    Bless you.

Made my three and five year old laugh after I’d explained it to them…

piemonster

Mad Max 2 is on ITV so that’s me sorted.

Again, can you PSA if you the first one showing. Beyond The Thunderdrone was on lately, it hasn’t improved.

johndoh
    Free Member

Well I’ve found Rocky III – that’ll do me.

brakes
    Free Member

if you suck the comedy teat of the milking cow for too long, the milk dries up and you’re left with a crusty dried up sack of skin with irritating mastitis. such is modern comedy.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I thought the Walliams STD sketch was the funniest thing tonight, no I’ll revise that, the funny thing tonight.

Northwind

cupra – Member

Tim Vine is pitiful on the humour front

I’d agree, except that his hockey stick behind the ear sketch just about made me fall off my seat.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Is it me or is it just not funny this year,

it never has been. I’m staying away from the TV tonight

judy-rockshox
    Free Member

I thought Rowan Atkinson was downright offensive to people who belong to the Church of England, especially the Archbishop. I am not C of E myself but as an essentialy Christian nation he shouldn’t be so insulting and then the remarks about shagging the neighbour etc etc. What an idiot! I can’t stand him. All this was very early in the evening when small children were watching. I don’t think any comedian is any good if he has to resort to offending peoples religious beliefs or smut. If someone was on TV insulting an Islamic leader there would be public outrage and claims of rascist comments! Then Peter Kay had to mention dog s**t and it was still only about 8pm. My 5 year old granddaughter saw it all and asked my daughter what shagging the neighbours means.
    Children in schools have been excitedly fundraising all over the country today and it of course they wanted to look in at the progress that Comic Relief was making. They should have been able to without having to have their viewing censored by their parents.
    If they really must put Rowan Atkinson going on about the church & shagging neighbours then Peter Kay talking drivel, it should be after 9pm!
    Personally, by 8.30 I was bored with the lot and switced the TV off.

kayak23

bigdean – Member
    Is it me or is it just not funny this year, when was the last funny one. Still donated some money so must be doing something good

Some might say it’s giving the disadvantaged/dying Africans a much needed helping hand that should make you donate, not how much you are made to laugh but hey, I wouldn’t say that… 😉

judy-rockshox
    Free Member

Boom Boom Zokes! You can say that again!!!!! 😆

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I watched The Wildest Dream on BBC2 about Maloray and Irvine and their attempt on Everest. Read the book a few years ago, it was great to see all the movie footage taken on the expedition.

hallz
    Free Member

Have to say i agree 100% with Judy-Rockshox about Rowan Atkinson – i thought it was totally inappropriate. John Bishop was a sad man, Ricky Gervais was Ricky Gervais.

As for Peter Kay, well i’m a Boltonian and i always try to seek the positives in his act. Years ago he started well and i dont begrudge him the money he’s made, I just wish he’d enjoy a retirement on that money and give up making this rubbish. It was a good comedy idea – just very poorly executed.

That said, much of the video was shot in and around our village and the moorland scenes were all up where we go mountain biking so the video was interesting to me, if for the wrong reasons!

Cougar

Whilst I’d argue that we’re a “Christian” nation, I thought the Rowan Atkinson thing was on a bit early. What happened to the 9pm watershed?

Aristotle
    Free Member

I only saw the part around 10pm-midnight. Jonathan Ross and Jack Whitehall. Lame and crude.

Cougar

Bugger, shame I missed it.

CountZero

There isn’t a single contemporary comic, bar one, that I find in any way amusing. Miranda makes me squirm, her only ‘thing’ seems to be falling over in a forced, unnatural fashion, or being loud. McIntyre has never said anything whenever I’ve seen him on TV that has even made me smile. Tim Vine actually does, though; he’s a master of the quick one-liner, and when he was on 6Music yesterday morning his comments actually made me laugh.
    I can’t think of any comedian these days who’s up to the standards of Dave Allen, for example; he was the master of observational comedy.

Aristotle
    Free Member

Michael McIntyre was a surprise guest at a Frank Skinner compered event at the Edinburgh Festival a few years ago. I’d never been impressed by his TV apearances beforehand, but enjoyed his live performance.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Peter Kay – not funny’ is closed to new replies.