Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Peter kay and the poison chalice that is the Brits
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

He came, I laughed, he called liam a knob head and lady ga ga a man. But even the best fail at this gig!!

martinxyz
    Free Member

did he not say to gaga as she walked off…"dont forget yer broom" ?

druidh
    Free Member

You laughed?

wrightyson
    Free Member

When he called liam a knob head. How could you not???

ooOOoo
    Free Member

was he wearing a fat suit?

wrightyson
    Free Member

The wife said the same. Must be enjoying the millions he made on the last tour and thinking about the ten odd million he's about to make on the next !!!

mrmojo
    Free Member

"did he not say to gaga as she walked off…"dont forget yer broom" ?

No he said brew .. refering to that silly cup she's always holding.

lowey

Although he aluded to the fact that she was a close run thing for Best International Male 🙂

satsoma
    Free Member

I think he made the best he could of a truly awful, terribly produced situation.

Robbie Williams – Outstanding Contribution to Music? Best joke I've heard all year 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

Do people watch these programmes just so they can come on ST and moan about it the next day?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Do people watch these programmes just so they can come on ST and moan about it the next day?

No, I watched it hoping to be entertained. Instead I have lost 2 hours of my life I will never get back 😯

cynic-al
    Free Member

Robbie Williams – Outstanding Contribution to Music? Best joke I've heard all year

Quite, only ever awarded to folk that have done nowt for ages, I don't get it.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Robbie Williams – Outstanding Contribution to Music? Best joke I've heard all year

Why? He has been – and to a lesser extent still is – immensely popular with millions of people. Like him or loathe him he has recorded many memorable songs and performed bigger gigs than most artists can dream of. Are you playing the usual "all music is naff apart from what I like" card here? 😆

EDIT

Quite, only ever awarded to folk that have done nowt for ages, I don't get it.

Eh? You mean apart from the album released in the last few months? This is not a Robbie love-in from me, but I've seen less deserving winners

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Being popular is not the same as being any good.

sc-xc

Are you playing the usual "all music is naff apart from what I like" card here?

You should now that to be cool round these parts you are only allowed to like music that no one else has heard of. Better still if you like music that hasn't been written or performed yet – just to keep an air of exclusivity.

keavo
    Free Member

"what a ****" just what everyone was thinking. i only watched 10 minutes but i reckon that was the best bit. i'd like to have seen JLS fill liam gallagher in.

clubber
    Free Member

ScottChegg – Member
    Being popular is not the same as being any good.

True but then neither does being popular mean not being any good as many tryhards seem to think…

I thought that Peter Kay did a brilliant job – not his funniest performance by a long long way but given the circumstances, I thought he did a great job with a complete lack of any reverence for any of the superego'd 'stars' that most presenters usually just faun over. 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Better still if you like music that hasn't been written or performed yet – just to keep an air of exclusivity.

😆
    I tried to be like that in my younger days

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Indeed he was great as Mork, never head any of his music though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Eh? You mean apart from the album released in the last few months? This is not a Robbie love-in from me, but I've seen less deserving winners

Cripes you don't expect me to know what I am typing about do you?

Point I am making is that these awards go to bands/artists way after their heyday (sp).

kimbers

award ceremonies are always tosh, just a lot of pop industry types patting one another on the back saying look how brilliant we are and putting all the booze and coke on expenses for the night

has nothing to do with what i consider to be music in anyway

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

The Brits are always poor…..every year. Watched 10 mins which included the Liam outburst…got bored…watched Womens Boarder X qualifying via the Red Button on BBC2. Far better choice of evening viewing.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

usually they have some entertainment value but last night was just poop. I feel ashamed that I didn't switch off, but I kept hoping it would get better. As for Cheryl Cole, I don't know what song she was miming to, but it wasn't the same as what she was dancing to.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Robbie is a legend and English to the core! As are kasabian and dizzy! Three massively different artists and three worthy winners! I listen to all three and have seen them all live, and don't give a flying **** what anyone thinks! Kasabian ringing in your ears for a good dh stretch can sometimes make you a little too cocky mind!!

satsoma
    Free Member

Why? He has been – and to a lesser extent still is – immensely popular with millions of people. Like him or loathe him he has recorded many memorable songs and performed bigger gigs than most artists can dream of. Are you playing the usual "all music is naff apart from what I like" card here?

Not in the slightest, I have 'terrible' taste in music! I like Take That and Lady Gaga. I also use this opportunity to admit that I watch Glee and love every second of it. Yes, I am cheesy and proud 😀

I know how successful he is, he's recorded loads of songs that people love and played huge gigs. But I still think that Outsanding Contribution to Music should go to someone who is not only a good performer (which I agree Robbie is) but to someone who is also a good singer and who writes all of their own songs.

Just my opinion – I know lots of people love him!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

"Welcome back. Are we on? If you've just switched over from Ice Truckers…. why?"

Priceless.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I'm sure watching him on the opening night at the MEN will be far far funnier! Canne wait!!

BoardinBob

Robbie is a legend and English to the core! As are kasabian and dizzy! Three massively different artists and three worthy winners! I listen to all three and have seen them all live, and don't give a flying **** what anyone thinks! Kasabian ringing in your ears for a good dh stretch can sometimes make you a little too cocky mind!!

And?

The last time I checked they were called The Brits, not The Engls

BoardinBob

I'm sure watching him on the opening night at the MEN will be far far funnier

Bob's outside bet – Peter Kay dead before the gigs. He will be if he continues piling on the beef.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Couldn't help thinking how Peter Kay looked like John Candy, I'll give him 5 years the way he's going.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

now there was a legend Swift!

lowey

Well I'll buck the trend and say I thought it was ace.

Loved Dizzie and Florence, thought that was a great performance.

Jayzee and Elisha Keys was superb, Cheryl was however terribly mimed.

Missed Kasabian which I was gutted about though. Love that band.

Oh and Pete was very good. As someone above mentioned, gloriously irreverent about the ego'ed up stars.

Haze

Kasabian are crap.

(imo)

Tim
    Free Member

Peter Kay is crap

(imo)

🙂

tragically1969
    Free Member

Haze – Member
    Kasabian are crap.

(imo)

I concur

boblo
    Free Member

I quite like Kasabian

bigyinn
    Free Member

Everyone is crap. The end.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Peter kay and the poison chalice that is the Brits’ is closed to new replies.