Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Pete Poddys birthday ride on the Qs(pics)
  • sharki
    Free Member

correct, knottie is the one not in red.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Didn't get home until 7pm today. Pics just uploading, have a taster!

[Img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2758/4026774841_829f2d857c_b.jpg[/img]

I'll read the thread tomorrow, but we had a top weekend, thanks guys!

Off to bed now………

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just had a proper read through the thread, which made me giggle I'll admit 🙂
    Both of us agreed on the way home yesterday it was one of the best riding weekends we'd been on, if not THE best. The group was the right size, the trails were STUNNING, the banter and p..s taking constant. And of course there was cake. Perfik!

A few more pics if I may….

😉

Rest here
    IMG_2302

DezB
    Free Member

Oooh, that does look good. That was a nice big ol' herd of deer you saw!

BlingBling
    Free Member

That is THE worst number plate I've ever seen! 😕

What type of asshat drives that?
    Did you see the driver?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That is THE worst number plate I've ever seen!

What type of asshat drives that?
    Did you see the driver?

LOL!
    Yeah that's what we thought. No we didn't see him, but judging by the plate and the car we assumed he had a very, VERY small appendage!
    😀

Knottie loved it though, as you can see. 😉

Anna-B
    Free Member

Fantastic photos mr peterpoddy!

sharki
    Free Member

Sooperbulous

marsdenman
    Free Member

about that car reg…… I cannot tell a lie……… 😳

Actually, NO – it's not mine…….. 😉
    Each to their own…. i s'pose!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hey, what about the discussed forum name changes for everyone? 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

It's just too confusing if you ask me, PP.

You'll have to let me know, when I get the new car, when you do something a bit further north. I have a bit more flexibility in hols now. And having someone slower and fatter to tag along makes the whole group look good. 😀

sharki
    Free Member

A phobia of candles can only be understood after witnessing such barbaric assaults with said waxy items.
    Reducing a grown man to tears with continued and relentless attacks left me fearful myself.

reminded me of the scene in LOTR, were Gimli was trying to blow off the undead.

No that's not some twisted necrophilia pron version….

Older-Than-Dirt
    Free Member

Nice piccies 'Candles'. Forum name amended as suggested.

oldfart

but if i change my forum name to andys younger bruvver i'll need new decals for me bike !!!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You'll have to let me know, when I get the new car, when you do something a bit further north

Quantocks are south….. Somerset!

We WILL be doing the Lakes next year though, maybe you should invite everybody up for a Peaks ride as well. You know it fairly well. I fancy Cut Gate myself
    🙂

sharki
    Free Member

I fancy cut gate on a dry summers day………………

*looks out of window at the rain*

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL @ Sharkis new name.

I prefer my old one, I think. Should I change or not?

sharki
    Free Member

Alternate between lots of different and really confuzzle everyone, including yerself.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Anyway, what about PeteVectra, where's he gone? 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Alternate between lots of different and really confuzzle everyone, including yerself.

Not hard, that.

sharki
    Free Member

and knottsxy8

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Didn't we christen Anna with a new name as well?

robdob
    Free Member

Whenever I try to sort something out no-one ever comes. I don't know why tbh.

Plus if everyone comes to the peaks there's just going to be moaning about it being "dangerous"!!!! (remember the wet slate in the Lakes???? 😉

Every single route I always do in the Peaks ends up going down "The Beast" so I can look good for 20 seconds, LOL….

knottie8
    Free Member

nice pics .

robdob
    Free Member

Love the new forum names!! 😀

sharki
    Free Member

I kept calling her queenie

and this clip reminds me of saturday night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuqBzrifuGQ

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Rob, all the new names came about this weekend.

PeteImpretza (Who actually drives a Vectra) asked of Sharki "Is he on crack?" as he kept flying up and down and all around on his SS. Annabanana managed to reduce me to a gibbering wreck in the pub afterwards by repeatedly making me blow out birthday candles, and various old people looked alike, and had spare time and chips on their shoulders. Gary really is a Social Hand Grenade. Whoever is anywhere near him, well, they better watch out.
    😉

You had to be there really. It was actually funny. At the time……. 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Queenie, that was it!

robdob
    Free Member

My brother in law lives in Taunton, right next to quantocks. Always looked interesting tbh.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Rob, now we had the (dubious? 😉 ) benefit of local guides, but having ridden in various places up and down the UK as you know, I have to say the quality and sheer quantitiy of trails there is second to none. It's similar to other places, yet somehow different to them all as well. Nobody would be disappointed after riding there, I'm confident of that. 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

Sorry to not introduce myself in person muddlepuddle, i've a reputation and am banned from talking to ladies..

Glad you enjoyed my back yard.

Nice promoting there 'puff' it's ok innit?

jim
    Free Member

Marsdenman, yup twas us as Pete said, i saw you admiring my ss with a lustful gaze and feeling of being over geared..;-) hope your ride was as good as ours.

Amusingly one of our group commented that you guys had a good cross selection of standard STW bikes.

what's worse than the financial impact though is the embarrassment of a major mechanical in front of two respected bike industry types and the others in the group….

I wouldn't worry about it, these things happen!

(James)

knottie8
    Free Member

"standard STW bikes"

Err like what ?

sharki
    Free Member

A couple of inbreds, turner six pack, scott scale, pitch, spech fsr, genesis, orange 5, GT i drive, kona's, cove hummer, etc.

All common mountain bikes as owned by people on here…just a generalised comment i'm sure….

knottie8
    Free Member

(I was just trying to spark some interest in this thread again) …

Ahem , nowt common about my red on one 456 . lol

Rex
    Free Member

"common"???? why, i oughtta….

Good photo's PP.

thekingofsweden

Who's the gentleman with the walking stick ? sure we helped him out with an innertube earlier in the summer when we were on the Q's on the tandem and he was walking

And using that singletrack to get up to bicknoller shame on you 😛

Rex
    Free Member

that'll be oldfart, but he's no gentleman 😉

oldfart

Cheers Rex luv you too !K of S i remember now you were heading away from Triscombe Stone and i was heading towards .You are a star sir .

thekingofsweden

Good times glad to help 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Pete Poddys birthday ride on the Qs(pics)’ is closed to new replies.