Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Pete Poddys birthday ride on the Qs(pics)
  • knottie8
    Free Member

Between Sharki and I we showed Pete and co the best bits of the Qs over the last two days. The weather was kind to us and Pete actually got some tan lines. There was bikes, beer , banter , birthday cake , candles and get company. Thanks to all who came along and made it a great weekend . Comments ?

click the above pic for more pics from the ride.

carbon
    Free Member

Nice socks.

peteimpreza

I had a great time on Saturday. Thank you Knottie and Sharki.

Shame I could not do the whole weekend.

Anna-B
    Free Member

It's always sunny on the Qs and the rides are always fantastic. Thanks Knottie and Sharki. Nice to meet some new folk too, muddypuddle hope you enjoyed your first Qs experience!

Rex
    Free Member

yep, cheers knottie and sharki for showing us the good stuff. that descent of weacombe was wicked today- perfect conditions!

always good to see people i've not seen in a while, and cool to meet new faces. cheers all.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You'll have someone's eye out with that walking stick Roland!

Anna-B
    Free Member

You'll have someone's eye out with that walking stick Roland!

In his new guise as Old "time on his hands, chip on his shoulder" Fart, that's probably what he's after!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

lots of smiles – looks like a lovely weekend riding.

oldfart

AB actually in my new guise i won't be moaning at anything or anybody !and no opinion to speak of ! 😯

cinnamon_girl

It looks as though everyone had a terrific time and how lucky were you with the weather!!

Belated birthday greetings Mr Poddy and hope the Pitch enjoyed its weekend.

Mr F – cool jacket 8)

oldfart

Kingston …..grumpy old man ? …..indeed ?
    CG did you mean me re jacket ? which one ?

cinnamon_girl

Camo rocks Mr F 🙂

knottie8
    Free Member

that should have course read " good company " not "get company" . D'oh !

Old fart
    you are not a grumpy old man really . Err ….you are a riding god you old bu55er !

CG
    It was a hard two days riding and laughing ,just what the doctor ordered for me.

oldfart

Mr K notice my " STW remark style ? " non confrontational especially for Andy and Anna :lol:(they'll soon beg me to go back to my old style 😯
    CG glad you like it 😯

Olderthandirt
    Free Member

Thanks for an awesome couple of days out guys and girls. Love the Q's and cant wait to get back for the next one. Cheers.

marsdenman
    Free Member

May well have seen you guys 'n' gal, and said Hello!, on Saturday – bunch of us we're stopped in the trees, lunching and digging out camera gear as you rode up a singletrack climb that ended right at Bicknoller Post?
    Two ladies in the group, 2 x singlespeed mentalists and a selection of other nice folk…?

peteimpreza

That was us.

sharki
    Free Member

Marsdenman, yup twas us as Pete said, i saw you admiring my ss with a lustful gaze and feeling of being over geared..;-) hope your ride was as good as ours.

Now then ladies, gents and old duffers of the weekend, WOW!

After a time off the bike i a few turns of the pedals reminded me wy i ride and usually ride sooo much. The conditions were just fantastic, but the weekend would of been nothing without the company over the weekend…

I've not had sooo much fun riding in ages, from saturday morning till sunday when we all departed there was so much laughter inducing banter.

Alot of this was provided by the odd couple, brothers at arms, the twins, Anna's bitchs…..Andy and Oldfart, how i laughed when a saw them both racing each other on the last bit of beacon hill, big grins on there faces, legs spinning….would never of known they had a collective age worthy of a letter from the Queen…

Thanks to Knottie for dragging my arse out onto the bike and testing my legs, heart and lungs, 6 weeks is a long time without exercise and i felt it.

Great to meet new peeps and of course old faces and to be chased/tested down MY trails. They're mine dammit!!! YOU SHALL NOT PASS……………

Great to see Kirstie find her climbing legs on sunday day two on the Q's can often be the harder day of weekend here.

Queenie, Fanks for the shortfood stuff and tolerating an annoying me 😉

And to Peter…..awesomeness…..the candle thing will stick in my mind for quite a while. I do hope this B'day will be one to remember, it's a weekend i'll not forget.

Thanks all.

Temps dropped alot now but i feel ill be grabbing a little lunch then going out for a ride whilst the legs are still fresh..

charlierevell
    Free Member

Singlespeed mentalists…. haha I like that! That'll be me then.

Andy

Aye a great weekend that was and great company as well! Good to catch up with everyone, some not seen for a while and some new faces as well. Perfect conditionas, easily one of the best weekends of the year!

Listen here you lot; I wont hear a bad word said about my little brother, old fart. He might be a bit of a bu55er, oh hang on he IS a an old bu55er!

Oh an steer clear of the the Quantocks everyone. Nothing of interest. Pretty dull really. Move along now.

marsdenman
    Free Member

i saw you admiring my ss with a lustful gaze and feeling of being over geared..;-)

LOL – having just dropped down that track (and, being so unfit, still sweating like a big lad at a disco..) i was thinking more along the lines of 'heck, hope his knees don't pop….' 😉 – fair play to both ss'ers though, that's for sure

hope your ride was as good as ours

– great weekend thanks, was on the Seb Rogers course so when you saw us it was lunch break followed by photo shoot…. riding was good, shows I've a lot to do with my fitness levels though 😳 – Still both full days out ended with the decent down the hill exactly opposite where you'll have hit the top 😀 😀 Goes without saying that you lot had a good weekend….!

I really cannot believe how blessed you Q's locals are – i opened the OS map at the B&B on Friday and could not see contour lines as they're all obscured by the green ink of bridleways…… talk about green with envy.

Anyhow – good to meet you all – if only in passing….

oh –

would never of known they had a collective age worthy of a letter from the Queen

– speaking of which – who was that out front – Scott Scale i think – as you went past? Fresh as a daisy, spinning along nicely, only served to add to my feelings of lardyness……

Regards

Chris

sharki
    Free Member

Out front was John, in a couple weeks the geared bike will go away as he rides a ridged SS when the clocks change, he bailed early as he had a 15 mile fell race on Exmoor to do on Sunday.

Were you lot fannying about near a scree slope on Sunday afternoon, We charged through a stream crossing with a load of abandoned bike nearby…..

All was that Also saturday, the weekends a big long blur….

If you like the Q's then book another weekend and come play with us locals, without the faffing of cameras and exaggerated posses..

Andy…..We missed you for the final boringly flat and dull straight non descent back the car park, after a big long non slog up one of those easy climbs.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Out front was John, in a couple weeks the geared bike will go away as he rides a ridged SS when the clocks change, he bailed early as he had a 15 mile fell race on Exmoor to do on Sunday.

now i feel really, really lardy….

We charged through a stream crossing with a load of abandoned bike nearby…..

nope, don't think that was us – where we abandoned bikes via a stream it was 'cos we were shooting it – you'd have been blinded by flash as you went by if it were us….

And yes, would love to take up the offer of a weekends riding some time – it really is an amazing spot…. just so long as you don't mind my exaggerated posses breathing..

Now, off to find out what the score is with my crank set – all went pete tong first thing on sunday – turns out had lost bolts x2 off the granny ring – it's now oval and I think the threads may have sheared = new crankset….
    and, before you say it – I won't be going singlespeed 😉 ….. speaking of which – which was you Sharki – On-One or Genesis?

sharki
    Free Member

Ooooop! Borked bike is not good.

I was on the on one, the bimbling one.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Ooooop! Borked bike is not good.

– nope, not at all, had had one of those annoying 'cannot be traced' noises going on for a while when riding, had not been able to track it down…. 😕
    what's worse than the financial impact though is the embarrassment of a major mechanical in front of two respected bike industry types and the others in the group…. 😳

only thought now is 'which cranks' as Shimano are taking a hit elsewhere on the forum!

Ref your bike – hats were duly doffed as your's appeared to be a conversion of a 'geared' frame!

sharki
    Free Member

I've been riding ss for around a year now, it just like riding a bike.

I can offer no advice on cranks, mine are heavy Truvativ Five D's beasted onto a square taper BB, It works and at many points over the weekend i realised my bike was not making any noises, now this worries me…

I may advice SSC cranks as these have a toolless fitting design, with is cool.

oldfart

Must say it was a real hoot of a weekend gert laugh 'twere !
    Andy thanks for looking after me brov .Didn't deserve it really after beating you to the top of Beacon Hill ! 😆
    The banter round the table at Combe House was quality.Musn't forget Pete's remark ."He had a look like a fat bloke who had dropped his chips "Sheer class !!!!
    Looking forward to my birthday ride .Can't wait for your special present Anna !!! 😳
    Thanks one and all hope the aforementioned will be as good !

knottie8
    Free Member

Yeah and "Big Noris combe" was a killer climb !

Del

🙁

oldfart

odd couple, brothers at arms, the twins, Anna's bitchs.
    just re read that now i wonder if they ALL apply to the same pair ?
    hey knottie look forward to seeing a pic of your Inbred leaning against Big Norris Post !!! 😆

sharki
    Free Member

Hi dell, good to see you again on Sunday…..;)

Yes oldfart, all three couples were the same two…..

knottie8
    Free Member

its a shame oldfart missed out on the night grub/beer fest .

oldfart

all 3 couples were the same 2 ? if you don't start making sense you'll have to go in a home !
    bleedin bilgewaterites !

oldfart

thats right mr k if i can pose like that sober just imagine if i had sniffed the barmaids apron!!!!!! 😯

sharki
    Free Member

I don't think Pete would've let anymore of his cake go to another, even if it was Roly.

knottie8
    Free Member

Roll on Swinley ride , I say.

oldfart

do you think i should behave myself a bit at swinley seeing as we are out of towners ?

knottie8
    Free Member

"do you think i should behave myself a bit at swinley seeing as we are out of towners ?"

hell no , but I think the wind breaking should be done quietly so as not to upset CG.

oldfart

better tell pete then !!!!

Olly
    Free Member

Anna bannana and Knottie?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Pete Poddys birthday ride on the Qs(pics)’ is closed to new replies.