Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pet politics Cat and dog dilemma…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…The cat returned on Monday (bought back by my neighbour) since Monday evening the cat has stayed upstairs with cat litter and food in tow.

She is clearly distressed because of the new dog (rescue)which we’ve now had for three weeks. Im not sure we thought this through and as parents we need to show our children the right thing to do.

Dog hasn’t blinked an eye lid at cat and is clearly not bothered

This evening we had a family meeting (1st ever) and we wrote down what we liked and didn’t like about each pet, both pretty equal.

the cat has wee’d on our bed and my sons bed which Im really peed off about I get she’s distresed but i can’t have this happening (luckily mattress protectors on feather duvets off to dry cleaners)

Really don’t know what to do , feels like bad karma to get rid of a pet and wrong to show children that if its not working almost throw away.

One upside is that an elderly neighbours cat died a few weeks ago and maybe she may want a new pet… wife and i have both said cat wouldn’t be going to a rescue home under any circumstances.

Any advise feeling awful but can’t have pet politics going on and p1ss on beds !

Thanks in advance…

I prefer the dog cat dog cat

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

How long has the cat been your sole little princess?

dan1980
    Free Member

Get yourself a Feliway Diffuser, it’ll help calm the cat.

It helped calm down my rescue cat when I bought him home. I got another when I got a puppy, and it seemed to help him.

davidr

Try Feliway. It apparently works wonders in chilling cats out. It’ll get used to the dog, it hiding upstairs isn’t unusual. To stop pissing on beds shut the doors!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

had cat 4 yrs

dan1980
    Free Member

If it p*sses anywhere else again, get some white vinegar to clean it up. It breaks down the stinky stuff.

km79
    Free Member

Pop the cat in the wheelie bin where they belong and keep the dog.

loddrik
    Free Member

The cat stays. It has been with you for longer. Last in first out. I love my dog, but if we were in the unfortunate position were a pet had to go, I wouldn’t even have a second thought, cats stay, dog goes. Luckily this will never be happening though.

piemonster

Get yourself a Feliway Diffuser, it’ll help calm the cat.

We tried one with our last cat. The result of which is that the cat used the carpet around the Feliway as a toilet. So I guess she was more relaxed by it.

mtbfix

Our younger cat took months to get used to the dog but he did in the end with careful management of their meetings. Keep at it.

sweepy
    Free Member

We tried feliway when we moved house, did sod all.

I’d put a litter tray in the room she feels safe in then wait. But in the end after our move one cat never settled. Luckily we had friends who had a home she could be happy in so she went to them and is now spending her dotage as a spoiled old bloater and loving it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pet politics Cat and dog dilemma…’ is closed to new replies.