Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pet insurance
  • johndoh
    Free Member

So it looks like I might be about to collect our new family pet cocker spaniel so just looking into insurance costs and options.

I am assuming that we should opt for Lifetime insurance for the best cover? And are there any providers that should be avoided? Any that come highly recommended?

Cheers

cardo

Good luck with your new puppy exciting times ahead.

Direct Line insurance stopped our policy when our 2 turned 11 y/o, this after paying in for the period and some minor claims, the monthly cost towards the end was becoming eye watering.. No apology, or thank you they just stopped the policy as per their t&c’s the sods.. so when you will more than likely need it after paying £1,000s in we ended up with no insurance.

We’re now with purely pets who have so far been great.

fionap

Yep get lifetime cover, especially for the first year when any underlying conditions might come to light.
    MoreThan and PetPlan are both regularly recommended.

perchypanther
    Free Member

If you get Fully Comprehensive does it cover you to walk someone elses dog? 😉

dovebiker

We have 2 dogs and pay what would be the premium (£140/month) into a savings account – they are 9 and 10 and therefore now difficult to insure but we have a few grand in the bank / premium bonds just in case. We’ve paid out way less in vets fees than we’d paid in premiums and the excess / exclusions these days make claims more difficult

sandwicheater

Petplan are the best provider for cover/claims so use them as a bench mark. You pay for it though.

I’d give E & L a wide birth.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pet insurance’ is closed to new replies.