Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pest Control, Wasps – Edinburgh
  • iwluap

Hello, has anybody had pest control in to sort out a wasp infestation in the Edinburgh area? Just wondering who you used and what it cost. An online Rentokill quote came in at £198!! We’ve got the blighters in a roof space – can see them flying in and out. And also regular depostis of larvae on the ground underneath the entrance. Not nice.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Call the council they usually have a service

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Contact the British Pest Control Association (www.bpca.org.uk). They can recommend a properly qualified pest controller local to you. Should cost no more than £50 – £60 to deal with wasps.

Rentokil are taking the mickey, but then they often do with their prices.

I’m in Devon so can’t help 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flicker
    Free Member

Wimp 🙂

Broom and a bin with a lid.

The bin gets very angry though 😀

winstonsmith

Edinburgh Council got rid of mine. It was a couple of years ago but I think it was only 60 or so. Quick, friendly bloke who also explained a bit about their habits, life cycle and how to deal with them

iwluap

thanks, think I’ll give the council a go. Don’t want to mess with wasps myself. Nasty evil things!

iwluap

Missus called Edinburgh Pest Control, who have already been out and sprayed the blighters living quarters with some kind of powder. Advised not to go outside for 45 minutes or so as “they will be angry”! £40 all in.

Missues told him about Rentokill quote (which included £20 on-line discount!) and he rekoned they would size up a house, and give you a quote based on how much they reckon they could get out of you! Not sure if that is true or not, but more than happy to support local a tradesman.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Local council did mine for about £40. You definitely want to give the area a wide berth for a couple of hours after treatment, hundreds of very busy and angry wasps buzzing about. I tried the DIY approach first by taping up the entrance with duct tape, but I then read that the wasps stuck inside will try to burrow out and they can get through mortar so didn’t want them breaking through into the house, and the wasps stuck outside were swarming and pretty angry and didn’t look like they were going to go away any time soon, so I fashioned a very long wire rod to remove the tape at a distance and called in the pro’s.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pest Control, Wasps – Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.