Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Pesky cyclists upsetting the good folk of Derbyshire
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Nothing like a good troll to start the day… 😉
    Perhaps there needs to be some kind of intelligence test before people have access to a keyboard and the internet?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I felt compelled to stick some comments on there as it’s such a load of bow locks

camo16
    Free Member

The guy’s an imbecile.

Plus I don’t think he’s being taxed enough.

😀

Alcopop
    Free Member

But, perhaps, I am not taking this far enough – maybe, as pedestrians, we all need a licence and insurance to negotiate roads and paths.

What a Trumpet

nbt

Someone pass that to Carlton over at BikeBiz and he’ll ripp it to shreds

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think the best thing is to completely ignore it. It’s a stock piece trotted out by talentless old hacks trying to convince their editor that their opinion column is good at attracting interest in their paper.
    The more it’s ignored, the quicker the editor will realise the columnist has no worth.

davidjey
    Free Member

“sensible and responsible cyclists, the kind that bother to wear safety helmets and protective knee and elbow pads”

I dunno why but I find this hilarious in particular.

He would wholeheartedly aprove of the attire of the average trail centre user (although would disapprove on whole other levels I’m sure…) then. Right I’m off for a road ride – better put the full face and body armour on to ensure I’m being responsbile!

stumpy01

was gonna post a comment until I saw you had to sign in….

GrahamS

I couldn’t resist: long rebuttal comment posted. 😀

(by the way, you can sign in with a Google or Facebook account – so it’s not too painful)

Someone pass that to Carlton over at BikeBiz and he’ll ripp it to shreds

http://ipayroadtax.com cited in my comment 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes very lazy broad sword approach to getting a rise. I particularly like the use of road tax which then gets referred to correctly as VED later on..with the variety of broad sweeping comments and factual inaccuracies we should just get them to join here.

samuri
    Free Member

Perhaps there needs to be some kind of intelligence test before people have access to a keyboard and the internet?

The internet would be *extremely* quiet if we did that.

oldgit
    Free Member

Now where do I sign to pay tax?

GrahamS

I particularly like the use of road tax which then gets referred to correctly as VED later on..

But then he also calls it the “annual road fund licence”. Genius.

highclimber
    Free Member

do you reckon the author aspires to be a Daily Mail Journo?

Harry_the_Spider

That was poor. Even James “The C##t” Martin did a better job than that.

0/10

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ooo it’s a getting a bit tetchy on that link, I had my tuppence worth to say but the words “Lycra” and”lout” are now being chucked about!! 🙄

oldgit
    Free Member

I was going to post that cyclists are on the roads by right, where as cars are only on the roads under licence.
    And that having a licence plate in some way justifies bad riding/driving? I accept bad driving…but no number plate…you should be hung.

I wonder how motorcyclists feel about the return of front numberplates?

GrahamS

*waves at wrightyson*

Junkyard
    Free Member

we are linked to thread so we need to wait 24 hours for some funny trolling

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I wonder how motorcyclists feel about the return of front numberplates?

Tell me more. And tell me where I’m gonna put one on this:

ST3s Kirsty test ride by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

Front plates on the mudguard were originally removed for safety reasons.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

In fact, motorcycles registered after 2001 are NOT ALLOWED to display a front plate! I didn’t actually know that until I searched just now:

Motorcycles registered from 1 September 2001 must only display a number plate at the rear of the vehicle.

GrahamS

Well that all got a bit bizarre. Think I’ll stick to debating here. At least it has some vague logic to it*

* (except TJ obviously).

amodicumofgnar

Take it he missed stuff in the papers about the value of cycling to the economy.

Junkyard
    Free Member

applauds GrahamS. well argues as always and pretty restrained. Quite lucky we got you as our representatves and not one of our more colourful brethren 😉
    PS I reserve the right to use this repeatedly against you in the future 😀
    “@graham5 – you talk rubbish – and too much if it.”

iain1775
    Free Member

I liked this one –

by DDPridePark
    Tuesday, August 23 2011, 3:24PM

“something should be done about cyclist – cycling seems to have become an aggresive male sport these days.”

I am TJ hear me roar 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hello? is it me you’re looking for?

Junkyard
    Free Member

dont look at the other thread then 😳 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I did 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Stop arguing with stupid people!

Those **** are lost souls, you’ll never convince them like that. Only gentle exposure to opposing views will stop them thinking they’re right. Obviously they’re completely wrong and lets face it, when the petrols runs out they’re really going to have take a good, long hard look at their stance but until then, prodding them on discussion forums, while immensely fun, will not change anything they think.

That said, I’d not want to stop the raising of blood pressure of such morons, just don’t expect any result other than them keeling over (if you’re lucky)

tyredbiker
    Free Member

Just reading some of those comments makes my blood boil, keep going to write something but can’t bring myself to sink to their level. Think ‘littlemoaner’ has little man syndrome though and ar$e-hat seemed too good for him

GrahamS

applauds GrahamS.

Cheers Junkyard. 🙂

I finally gave up.

I wanted to write a careful rebuttal pointing out the DVLA budget and estimating how much a Cyclist and Bicycle Licensing Agency (CBLA) would take to setup and run

But I could feel myself losing my restraint and wanting to use my SHOUTY words. I think others are right: they are a lost cause. They were not prepared to even consider or answer most of the points I made.

So I decided I better leave it and have nice glass of red wine instead (Turkey Flat: Butchers Block SGM – highly recommended for such situations 😉 )

Harry_the_Spider

Blimey, that Justice bloke is a bit of a cock isn’t he? 😯

FWIW I would make all iPod and mobile phone users take a test and wear a big hat with a number on it because one stepped out in front of me the other day.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

I wouldn’t recommend commenting, you’ll just get ignored or end up in arguments with idiots who’ve never even sat on a bike.

Instead, I’d recommend hitting the little “report” button at the bottom of the article and leave a name and email address, you can tell their boss what an idiot they are. I promise it’ll bring much more satisfaction.

jfletch
    Free Member

Must type

each new sentence

as a new paragraph

or else

my writing looks

even more like

incomprehensible garbage.

Zena.

GrahamS

So is “Squarewheels” one of you lot by any chance?

GrahamS

*waves to kimbers*

I’ve emailed Carlton Reid to see if he fancies submitting a counterpoint piece via their “Write an article” link.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I finally gave up.

@graham5 – you talk rubbish – and too much if it.
    😆

GrahamS

Well I gave up a bit, but it was a slow day and I couldn’t let it lie so I prodded their troll some more. 🙂

Carlton has kindly brought in some reinforcements.

iain1775
    Free Member

Most interesting thing to happen in Derby for ages 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Pesky cyclists upsetting the good folk of Derbyshire’ is closed to new replies.