Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Perthshire MTB routes?
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I’m planning on heading up that way next week for a bit of a change and to try out some new trails. Are there any good routes anyone can recommend please?

I’ve stayed in Aberfeldy before and it looked like there would be some nice routes there (Rob Roy Way Weem Hill?)and it’s not too far from Stirling where I will be staying.

Something that can be completed in a winters day, has good ascents/descents and has good views and wildness factor. I’ll be riding on my own so technical would be nice but not too technical. ‘All mountain’ type route but not full on downhill would be nice.

Thanks!

maddyutah

Loads of riding in perthshire

Dunkeld- Loch Ordie,Birnam hill,glen Garr

Glen Tilt route

glen bruar

http://singletrackworld.com/trailguide/uk/northern-scotland/pitlochry/

in the trail guide here

kcal

Also – as above but check out routes from Pitlochry, over to Aberfeldy and return.
    Also routes from Pitlochry over to Bruar and return, and above Loch Tummel.

hainman
    Free Member

Some great trails on the grounds of the Crieff hydro and Comrie croft is an excellent trail centre

pyranha

Progression Bikes in Dunkeld or Escape Route in Pitlochry would be worth a visit for info and/or maps. I’ve the Trailmaps maps, bought from Progression, for some routes in the area – they’ll give ideas and include timings/descriptions. But then, I use OS maps when going into the hills proper (through the summer, I went up a few Munros, and other hills, using OS on Bing to work out routes).

scotroutes

Watch for snow (and ice) higher up. Lots of the good Perthshire routes go up quite high.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Thanks folks. That route sounds familiar muddyutah. Seem to remember reading somewhere that it’s part of an enduro route?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Perthshire MTB routes?’ is closed to new replies.