Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Perth STWers Kalamundu bimble
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Are people still going? I’ll be there some time Saturday morning, can’t be specific on time though. Not ridden for a couple of weeks as I’ve had a stinky chest cold but will be there for a bimble.

Got a gold Nissan X-Trail and grey Pipedream hardtail.

Ooo-roo!

perthmtb
    Free Member

Yep, looks like there’s a couple of takers on your old thread – here

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Just a glance at the screenshot for that YouTube clip made me think “Sh!t, that’s dry!”, and then the penny dropped about which Perth it is…

Marmoset
    Free Member

Yep, will be there sometime around 9 ish, blue discovery, black rocky mountain hardtail…

farm-boy

Have fun guys; hopefully we will get some rain this week.

If you enjoy the trails don’t forget to support WAMBA by liking us on facebook, signing up for the newsletter (via the website) or becoming a member:

https://www.facebook.com/wamba.org.au
    http://wamba.org.au/

WildHunter2009

Will deffo be somewhere about, still aiming for 8.00 but friday night plans might alter that. Slate grey trek ex9 and a red camelbak and the GFs ridiculous bright green Suzuki swift :(. Might be a few of us but not sure.

perthmtb
    Free Member

So, still no consensus on a time to meet then? Should I be surprised, Perth being the capital of laid back Ozziedom 😆

Oh well, I’ll be at the Camel farm from 8am tomorrow, silver Toyota Corrola, black/white/red Giant Anthem. Hope to meet up with some of you guys…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I’ve been notified that my mates will be there at 930. Do a lap then pint and pie at the Kalamunda hotel in town. Works for me.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Will see if the family are coming, if not I’ll aim for 8am….if they are, god knows!

longmover
    Free Member

Bugger, I can’t do Kalamunda tomorrow, the Trek is broken and riding the Curtis with one brake round there is likely to cause certain death from either a heart attack. If you see me up there at some point say hi, I ride a black and red Trek 8500 the size of a large gate.

Marmoset
    Free Member

I’ll be there at 9-9.30 now….maybe see a few of you around 😀

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Was there just after 10. My God I’m so unfit. Crashed once chickening out of a jump and lost my front wheel turning too fast. Rode from the Camel farm to the Dell and down the road back to CF. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Very techy in places. I really like the flowy sketchy stuff. The rocks were a bit of a pain but fun and I definitely don’t need the wider bars I’ve been thinking about.

Heard lots of English accents and followed a bright blue Disco back down to Kalamunda but it turned off.

longmover
    Free Member

The kamikaze is good fun, probably my favourite part of the trail, from the dell back to black stump is good once you have suffered the pain of Rocky Balboa.

Marmoset
    Free Member

I started off just about 9.20, did the circuit and met perthmtb in the car park at about 11 I think. Loved the ride, took some getting used to riding off road again and getting confidence back after breaking my wrist a few months back. The rocks did my head in (rocky balboa was certainly aptly named!) and gave me a pinch flat. After the obligatory cake I then took my soon around the skills loop and over to the pump track so you might have followed us into Kalamunda about 1 ish Aphex.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Was that your blue disco then we followed out? There was a black disco behind you, then my x-trail. You turned off then we followed the road round to Kalamunda and straight to the pub and a chat in the bike shop.

Some of the rocks are a pain – you just get into a flow then have to totally adjust your flight path to avoid a rock. Don’t think we did Rocky Balboa section. Was a bit stiff by the time I drove back to Rockingham. Smiles all round though. I think there’s some race on tomorrow? 6hr or something. There were a few people out fixing up certain sections.

Going to head over to Langford Park / Jarrahdale on Thursday

Marmoset
    Free Member

It may well have been me Aphex, its bright blue, has a couple of stickers on the rear window.

It’s the Jorgensen park 4 hour race, did it last year and ripped myself to pieces on the gravel, not this year though!

The circuit reminded me of Penmachno, good fun, just not enough flow.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Jarrahdale is meant to be a bit more flows but others have said it’s a bit boring. I’ll let you know on Thursday. Hopefully my new wheels will turn up by then too.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Well I was there at 8am, but no sign of Wildhunter (guess Friday night was a good’un) so I went for a ride at about 8:30. Back at the car park 9:45, again no sign of anyone so went for another ride – realise now Marmoset would have just left for a ride and Aphex wouldn’t have arrived yet. Anyway, passed Marmoset mending his puncture – but not realising it was him carried on, but we finally hooked up in the car park and had a cake and a coffee together and swapped details so we can ride together soon…

WildHunter2009

Yeah oops. A slightly enthusiastic night sampling belgium beer in Mt lawley led to extreme pain on saturday morning. I think i might have been ok to ride but certainly not to drive!

Made it up on sunday morning though, what a beautiful weekend for riding! First ride this year where iv felt remotely flowy or skillful. Kamakaze is good fun though i find it pretty frustrating sometimes, if your having a slightly bad day it punishes line choice horribly. Metasoma is good fun and i love the last section coming towards the pump track car park.

Off back home wed so riding old haunts if i gte lucky!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Perth STWers Kalamundu bimble’ is closed to new replies.