Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Perth is getting a new bike shop
  • geoffj

A new Alpine Bikes outlet in the Tiso store.

At Alpine Bikes Perth our experienced staff will help you pick the products that are right for all your cycling needs.
    * Whether cycling to work, riding a road bike, trail centre riding or downhill racing, we have all the top brands to choose from.
    * Bikes from Trek, Genesis, Saracen and Orange.
    * Clothing from Gore Bike Wear, Gox, Altura and Endura.
    * Equipment from Bontrager, Hope, Shimano and Race Face. Plus, we have a dedicated workshop with trained mechanics for repairs and servicing to keep you on track.

Probably doesn’t bode well for the existing Trek dealer in the city 😕

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

The experiences I’ve had the existing shops haven’t been that encouraging the one you refer to being the better. I’d rather (and always do) drive the extra distance and go to Escape Route in Pitlochry.
    Alpine may, perhaps end up getting my ‘balls! I don’t have ____ I’ll hit Halfords on the passing’ business.

geoffj

Well it’s pretty good. Wide range of bikes from kids balance bikes through hybrids to plastic road bikes and Santa crux superlights. Nice airy shop, reasonable cafe, and a soft play area to keep the kids occupied while you browse. The tiso bit sells top end outdoor gear rather than the usual chav face smoking puffer jackets etc.

I also learned that one of the first tiso shops was on Rodney st in Edinburgh, presumably not a million miles away from the uk’s favourite bike shop.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I remember buying a rucsac from the Tiso shop in Morningside around 1980.

+1 for Escape Route in Pitlochry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Perth is getting a new bike shop’ is closed to new replies.