Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Personalised Decals
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

Considered changing my Prince Albert to an Uncle Albert, Only fools n horses theme, keep it simple like,

Just an idea,

Got me curious as to what you lot have had done?

Photos?

nedrapier

I did some asking around on this, it was reproduction of discontinued decals, and although I decided in the end that I’d go without decals completely, Lee (responded on here) was very helpful and responsive and I’d go to him if I wanted any in the future.

http://www.vickerscreative.co.uk/

Gunz
    Free Member

Gil is your man for stickers. He’s been keeping me in Kona decals of all vintages for several years. I always end up losing his contact details but someone on here should be able to provide them.

chief9000
    Free Member

🙄

clubber
    Free Member

Something wrong, chief? 😕

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Is this a “show your custom decals” thread?? 🙂

I don’t have any to show but have been interested on numerous builds I’ve done over the years, but never had any made.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Is this a “show your custom decals” thread??

That was my hope, but….. 🙄

simon1975

I’ll bite…

pINkBRED graphic by Simon J Taylor, on Flickr

sbob
    Free Member

Sod decals, I had “sbob rides for Jesus” laser cut into my discs.

wrecker
    Free Member

I had “sbob rides for Jesus” laser cut into my discs.

Aim higher, man. Go for some I AM JESUS next time. 😀
    That’ll really piss em off.

Markie
    Free Member

This thread needs more onion!

GrahamS

Quite fancy adding a little name badge decal like these:

http://road.cc/content/review/50973-flandria-custom-decal-name-set

robarnold
    Free Member

I really don’t get the whole ‘name on the top tube’ thing.

It’s just so self indulgent (i’m thinking the same extent as that prick on Radio 2 – Steve ‘Love the Show’ Wright (who gives a monkeys who you are?! Let your riding do the talking and let your rivals try and figure it out once they’re crying over the results sheet!)

Either that or it’s a stroke of genius in case you nurf yourself on a tree and can’t remember your name when you get picked up by mountain rescue.

Thoughts?

GrahamS

Thoughts?

You are 5000% more rad than I am… erm.. doood.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Thoughts?

My name ain’t Uncle Albert, does this make me self indulgent? Or just a fan of only fools n horses?

B_Leach
    Free Member

I’m of the inkling that if you go to the effort of laquering over the top of the name sticker, it makes it a bit more difficult for scrotes to shift after nicking your pride and joy.

B_Leach
    Free Member

Chuffing double post glitch

nedrapier

Nope, you’re alright, carry on. Might be worth asking Mike for the font. He might even be able to arrange a one off for you if he doesn’t feel like it’s debasing his brand. Not as if the current PA has the piercing anyway. Maybe the 29er should be called the Uncle Albert? Not exactly a strong marketing association for driving sales, but you could say the same about genital piercing…

I went the other way,though. After I’d seen someone else’s de-stickered PA, I individualised mine in exactly the same way.

scotroutes

Gil had a bike accident at the weekend and has suffered, amongst other things, a fractured skull. He should be out of hospital this Friday but I’d not be placing any urgent orders.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Recently contacted slik for some decals for my zesty. Wrap around custom job was quoted for more than the powder coating is costing me!! Get about a reply a day via email though, seemed helpful enough but way over my budget. Wanna get some others done but just normal clear cut decals now.

Rorschach
    Free Member

My patriot had ‘anger’ made from the original orange decals on the down tube.In my defence,I was stupid.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

What do people normally get – is it individually cut letters or is it printed ‘stickers’ with the same colour (or clear) background as the frame and if so, how do you stop these looking like the cheap stuff you get on the front of mbr / mbuk??

simon1975

What do people normally get

Mine were printed onto clear vinyl, the stuff they usually use for vehicle wraps. Paid £12 for a 300mm strip off a 1300mm wide roll.

how do you stop these looking like the cheap stuff

Clear lacquer.

fibre
    Free Member

I was bored so knocked something up for you, you have to have an Uncle Ablert face as the headbadge I think :P.

It’s not all perfectly aligned and the font is wrong, before any moaners pipe up (only took a few mins). It’s a starting point though.

tacopowell
    Free Member

fibre- 😮 Awesome job! Pretty much my thought on how to do it, I’d love to go all out and redo the frame yellow and have a cartoon of Uncle Albert’s face made up for the steerer tube.

Would check with Mike @dialledbikes first, however I’m not sure when I’ll ever get the cash to justify customizing the frame when I could be buying better kit,

I reckon a full powder coat and to have the decals made up would cost £100? That’s a half a new brake!

Good Job Though!

nedrapier

Nice work fibre. double l in dialled if you go any further.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Am I missing something – it has a double LL ?

simon1975

OP try the truetype font “Flesh Wound” http://www.dafont.com/fr/flesh-wound.font which should look close enough until you park next to another DB bike. I’d write the top and downtube stickers in that font and make yourself a photo headbadge.

Do something in paint or Word or whatever and make a jpg or a pdf of what you want, send that to your local printers and it won’t cost a bomb. Watch that you get the sizes right, though. You’ll need a small local printers who doesn’t mind helping you out with such a little job, I had to ring 4 or 5 in Nottingham before I got a friendly helpful one.

Strip and powdercoat £40 max
    Graphics and lacquer £20 max

Do it!

fibre
    Free Member

I noticed my spelling mistake after uploading, thought I managed to upload the correct one before somebody noticed. Drat! 😆

There must be someone on here that works at a printers that can help. I’ve had quotes of £20-40 for strip and powder, worth having a look. You may as well do it now the ball is rolling, I want to see the final frame 😀

I don’t mind updating it until the design is sorted. I could do with some dimensions for the final design. Also I was thinking the frame could be done like the Robin Reliant, and have the Dialled Bikes logo in the Trotters Independent Traders font (or close to it).

Thats the picture I was looking at for the headbadge simon1975! :mrgreen:

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Personalised Decals’ is closed to new replies.