• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Personal Lease deal- wheres the catch? (normally) £179 for a new Golf Diesel
  • beanum

You don’t “own” the car (might be a problem for some)?

Maybe you have to drive it around for two years with their branding down the side?

Otherwise, not much!

As it’s basically a rental, does that mean it includes insurance? Cool!

bruneep

+ vat as well

hora
    Free Member

Ah good point. So its almost 5grand to hire a car for 20,000 miles. Think I’ll stick to Bangernomics 8)

BoardinBob

To be fair, if you buy a brand new car, you’ll lose a few thousand quid before you’ve driven off the forecourt.

cp

insurance group 16e ??????!!!!!!!! its a 1.6 diesel!

sofatester
    Free Member

Any “golf” is automatically 5 groups higher 🙄

zarquon
    Free Member

Most car dealerships are not into selling cars, they are into selling finance. You basically rent a car for a period of time, but do not own the asset at the end of it. So you either have to buy it for an agreed price or have an agreed amount of money to put towards the purchase of a new one. This agreement will never beat bangernomics or buying a reasonably new seceond hand car outright if you have the money.

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

They will skin you on the mileage – I got caught out with this a few years ago. Also – the guaranteed minimum value aspect means you worry about every tiny wee blemish to the car. Worth considering but check the small print very carefully before you sign anything.

hora
    Free Member

They will skin you on the mileage – I got caught out with this a few years ago. Also – the guaranteed minimum value aspect means you worry about every tiny wee blemish to the car. Worth considering but check the small print very carefully before you sign anything.

Aye they probably have a deal with a dealership or stuff straight into the auctions and ‘make’ up their extra profit with the final kiss-off inspection charges I bet.

Sod that, I aint renting a car for that much. Grp16e?! I’d rather buy a 8k car- at least in two years time it’ll be worth over 5k at resale!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

That’s very expensive.

My mate just got a new 3 series convertible with all the toys, leather etc for 170 a month all in. Not my choice of car but as lease deals go it’s good.

pedalhead
    Free Member

crikey, where did he get that deal?

hora
    Free Member

Zedsdead, hes either/and paying 6months rental upfront AND over a 5yr deal. The leasing company wouldnt make any money otherwise.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Personal Lease deal- wheres the catch? (normally) £179 for a new Golf Diesel’ is closed to new replies.