Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Persistent eBay scammer – V10 carbon
  • colp

This guy just won’t give up, been 5 different eBay users so far that I’ve seen.

http://bit.ly/19rpcqz

mildred

I think there’s a fair bit on RideIO forum about him too.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Reported to eBay.
    4 quid delivery charge for a complete downhill bike is suspect enough before you get to the bits about only contact me direct via the dodgy links.

passtherizla
    Free Member

seen his other auctions? are they not suspect as well?

jordie
    Free Member

I fancy the Tallboy for £1.24 lol

cloudnine
    Free Member

That’s gotta be a hacked account

antigee

I like these threads as useful what to look out for now on this one I guess lack of a start price is a bit odd but 6year old or so ebay account with 800 transactions – ok so look at the detail selling several bikes none with a start price – all photos in different locations but never buys bike parts

so if hadn’t posted several bikes and been a bit more plausible on reason for sale how do you spot it?

edit just read comment above

colp

I’m after a v10, so I keep seeing the same photo & description but different user accounts.
    The nugget is so thick that he’s offering different frame size options on a secondhand bike.

colp
    Matt24k
    Free Member

Looks like they have hacked another account. The V10 now has 30 bids and is at £1000!
    Same style listing for another mtb currently at £210 has been reported.
    The thing with hacked accounts is all the feedback and history is legit. However, you need to read the listing and look at the delivery cost before you get scammed.
    This is the bit that should set the alarm bells ringing:
    “PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT SIZE ARE YOU INTERESTED TO BUY AND YOUR LOCATION SO WE CHECK IF WE CAN DELIVERY THE ITEM TO YOUR LOCATION .FOR A FASTER ANSWER PLEASE CLICK HERE . WE GOING ANSWER ANSWER YOU BACK IN 10 MINUTES JUST SEND YOUR QUESTIONS HERE”

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

What a bellend. Reported the new link…

stevied
    Free Member

They are listed under “SCUBA & Snorkelling” ???

scandal42
    Free Member

Just to save anyone actually getting scammed I have just put in a reasonable bid of £80,000, anyone willing to go over my slightly inflated bid is more than entitled to the non existent bike.

stevied
    Free Member
    piemann
    Free Member

No longer a bargain it seems.

£55,000 for a V10?

plyphon
    Free Member

Just to save anyone actually getting scammed I have just put in a reasonable bid of £80,000, anyone willing to go over my slightly inflated bid is more than entitled to the non existent bike.

Saw the bid before reading your post, roffled uncontrollably.

scandal42
    Free Member

It seems Ebay have decided that my bid was not entirely serious, at the same time they have decided that the auction itself must be utterly genuine and have kept it open.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

o.O

stevied
    Free Member

If you follow the link to “ask a question” it goes through to this place:
    http://shreeramengineers.com/

112/113, Shiv Sagar Ind,
    Babasaheb Kotkar Rd,
    Goregaon (Mumbai)-63
    Tel no: 28766862/63

Jamie
    Free Member

It seems Ebay have decided that my bid was not entirely serious, at the same time they have decided that the auction itself must be utterly genuine and have kept it open.

khani
    Free Member

No longer a bargain it seems.

£55,000 for a V10?

Er.. Yeah, that was me.. They cancelled my bid as well.. 😳

patriotpro
    Free Member

So is the scam that they send the winning bidder nothing at all or a fake V10?

stevied
    Free Member

And it’s back….again. Different seller this time

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Somebody bid £100,000

zelak999
    Free Member

There’s a scam Nomad C on fleabay too, probably the same ‘sellers’.

Matt24k
    Free Member

I would imagine the scam is that they ask you to send the money via Western Union after claiming there is some kind of “problem” with their PayPal account.
    The contact links in the listing are there to get you outside of eBay before you “win” the auction.
    There are no bikes, just pictures from the internet and hacked eBay accounts.
    Maybe someone should ask the seller how they intend to ship the bike, at a cost of £3 from:

112/113, Shiv Sagar Ind,
    Babasaheb Kotkar Rd,
    Goregaon (Mumbai)-63
    Tel no: 28766862/63

asterix
    Free Member

All back on eBay again 🙁

patriotpro
    Free Member

Cheers Matt.

eBay is dodgeville.

Junkyard
    Free Member

good service this from posters and another reason to avoid ebay

Given they are good at hacking would it be unwise to start asking daft questions about tyres and wheel size?

asterix
    Free Member

I have seen the ads go up and then be removed from two hacked accounts today. Have reported them whenever I have seen them. But what worries me is how easy it must be to hack the e-bay accounts of innocent sellers.

oxym0r0n

There’s a tallboy with lefty that keeps popping up on different accounts. I report it every time. A few days/weeks later it reappears 🙁

pingu66
    Free Member

So it seems relatively easy to hack an ebay account. Not sure if that would be a security floor, not requiring strong passwords or something else but surely ebay could be doing more to prevent this or informing on what to look for before you get scammed.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Persistent eBay scammer – V10 carbon’ is closed to new replies.