Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Permanent lockout using threshold "gate" to control compression – thoughts?
  • plyphon
    Free Member

Yo,

So I’ve just made this small mod to my forks in effort to remove the remote. I never use “lockout” anyway however would like to retain some compression dampening to fight bob/dive.

Is there anything to be said using the threshold as a means to control the amount of compression? Am I loosing “true” compression or functionality?

I quite like having a platform feel to forks after the initial stroke/sag. It’s achieved that quite well – but I’ve only bombed it up and down the street this morning.

If this works out and doesn’t turn out to be a silly idea I’ll work on MK2 and tidy up that grub screw cable stop thingiebob.

Cheers

oldnick

Yes that will work.
    Long term I’d pop the MoCo out, and whip out the return spring.
    That way you can still select open or platform, and won’t need the wire/grub screw bits.
    The MoCo unit is assembled with a left hand thread, I can usually get them apart by wiping them clean of oil and wearing grippy rubber gloves.
    HTH

plyphon
    Free Member

Ah yeah cool – cheers.

yup spring was the other option. as you said long term that would be ideal. do you need to add any friction to stop the spool turning when the spring is out?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Permanent lockout using threshold "gate" to control compression – thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.