Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • perineal/pelvic pain
  • stavaigan
    Free Member

I am currently off my feet with significant pain in and around by groin, perineum pubic bone. Fine when I lie still but excruciating when I am changing position in bed or get up to go to toilet etc. To the point that extremely difficult to walk. Any experience of this, is it potentially cycling related?
    Thanks

jamj1974

Go to the docs chap. If it is that painful a medical diagnosis is essential.

J

tonyd

Have you done much cycling lately? Anything different to previously? Longer rides, change of position, etc. What makes you think it might be cycling related? I think if you’d caused that much discomfort cycling you’d have noticed something at the time – go to the doctors!

stavaigan
    Free Member

Been to docs before – this is my third flare up. Checked prostate, fine, gave me physio, which seems generally good but hasn’t prevented a recurrence. There does appear to be a link between cycling and pelvic pain. Ive taken a few whacks on the pubic bone as I clumsily land jumps onto saddle. But also evidence that generally sitting on a saddle for a length of time is not what your perineum was designed to do – nerve damage etc. Curious really if anyone else has had similar and what outcome was.

tonyd

You shouldn’t be sitting on your perineum, you should be sitting on your sit bones. What were you doing before the flare up?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yoga,new saddle and ditch the hardtail.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Have you fractured one of your pubic bones?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘perineal/pelvic pain’ is closed to new replies.