Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Perhaps a stupid question – 20mm QR?
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I have a Pro II / Marzocchi set up with a 20mm bolt through axle (as in pic below) with pinch bolts on the drop outs.

Is there any kind of kit available that gives faster removal of the wheels? I’m sure the pinch bolts will need to stay but is there a way around needing the two big allen keys to remove the axle’s end-caps? A Maxle-esque system?

Thanks a lot

transporter13
    Free Member

Without changing from your current forks….no.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Well, an easy answer! 🙂

Thanks.

paule
    Free Member

Possibly. You may be able to use an old marzocchi qr20 axle in there. Depends on the dropout thickness, but I used on in an original boxxer for ages…. Actually, I’ll hunt in the garage for it in case it’s still there.

Sadly, this is probably a 15+ year old solution so may be tough to find.

Andy-R

You only need to remove/replace one end cap, and use one 6mm allen key, if you remove the end cap on one side before you’ve slackened the pinch bolts on the opposite side.

In other words – slacken LH pinch bolts and remove LH end cap then slacken RH pinch bolts and push axle out. Reverse to fit.

That’s what I do anyway and it takes next to no time.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

HAHA! I’m an idiot Andy! Of course that’s the way I should have done it.

I’d always undone all four pinch bolts and then needed two allen keys to undo the end caps instead of using pinch bolts on one side to hold the axle.

Thanks all.

Looks like it’s really not necessary.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Perhaps a stupid question – 20mm QR?’ is closed to new replies.