Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Perfume Advertisments
  • Xylene
    Free Member

What are they all about?

I don’t think any of them have made any sense at all.

molgrips
    Free Member

Images and associations.

Admiralable
    Free Member

Dunno but lots of perfume is French

and

Despite their reputation, the French have fought more military campaigns than any other European nation and won twice as many battles as they have lost. The British may pride themselves on superiority at sea, but it was driven by the realisation that they could never win a land war on the Continent. The French Army has usually been the largest, best equipped and most strategically innovative in Europe. At its best, under Napoleon in 1812, it achieved a feat that even the Nazis couldn’t repeat: it entered Moscow.

sc-xc

Christ. You must be fun at parties.

molgrips
    Free Member

How would you rather see perfume advertised through a smell-free medium?

“Buy Chanel! It smells great! Honest!”

mmb
    Free Member

never win a land war! utter bollocks napoleon got his ass kicked by nelson and let’s not forget agincourt eh!. mind you my history knowledge is utter bollocks too, i think the nelson thing may have been a sea thing.
    and i don’t think the swear filter is working very well either.

grim168
    Free Member

Saw some aftershave advertised the other day for £50. I could have some new knee pads for that money says I to missus

mmb
    Free Member

and yes those ads don’t make much sense to me or my mrs either, if they’re supposed to be mysterious it’s working.

Admiralable
    Free Member

Christ. You must be fun at parties.

Bored at work! Cut and pasting randomness!

never win a land war! utter bollocks napoleon got his ass kicked by nelson and let’s not forget agincourt eh!. mind you my history knowledge is utter bollocks too, i think the nelson thing may have been a sea thing.
    and i don’t think the swear filter is working very well either.

My history knowledge is even worse! And the swear filter isn’t it seems. Maybe they’ve set it to detect swear avoidance!!!

sc-xc

In that, case I like your style 8). I’m going to have a go on another thread…

mmb
    Free Member

oh dear i hope i haven’t started something 😆

Admiralable
    Free Member

I was looking for something about perfume. One crap thing I do know (from BBC news today) Hugh Dennis used to be a marketing exec for Lynx! Up until Mary Whitehouse Experience anyway.

Moses

never win a land war! utter bollocks napoleon got his ass kicked by nelson and let’s not forget agincourt eh!. mind you my history knowledge is utter bollocks too,

Your geography’s not much good, either. Admiral Nelson fought sea battles, the title’s a bit of a giveaway.
    Agincourt? Crecy? Just two battles in the Hundred-Year War. And tell me, at the end of it, how much territory in France did England own? Zilch. We lost lots of battles, it’s just that for some reason they aren’t mentioned in English history books.

Even Waterloo was close-run, and we’d have lost there if the English had not been rescued by the Prussians.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

If you use Boots online you can save a tonne of cash on perfume….

molgrips
    Free Member

Didn’t it take Wellington and just about the whole of the rest of Europe to stop Napoleon at Waterloo?

epicyclo

The French were doomed anyway – they didn’t have Highland regiments.

molgrips
    Free Member

Alpine ones instead?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Admiralable – with your interest / knowledge of naval history you should change your name to AdmiralAble 😉

Xylene
    Free Member

From perfume adverts to history, all in an evening at STW

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I’m going to take it back to perfume and say that, whilst 99% of perfume adverts are pretty hateful and make me want to kill, this one is great. Exactly what you want in a perfume advert. Is still won’t be asking for any for Christmas, like…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VPHVygoca4[/video]

jon1973
    Free Member

Admiralable – for your information 😉

Great French Military Victories

Rorschach
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHwnBKEixFsHe swears at the end so don’t play if you don’t like the sweary bit.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Perfume Advertisments’ is closed to new replies.