Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Perforated eardrum. Anyone had one?
  • Harry_the_Spider

My 6 year old gave a slap on the ear and I think I’ve perforated my ear drum.

I’ve got partial hearing loss, there is some distortion like the sound of a blown speaker, loud noises make it hurt and half my face has gone numb.

If there is no improvement by Monday I’ll get a doctors appointment, but in the meantime I’d be interested to hear of your symptoms and healing time.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Eh? 😉

jontykint
    Free Member

Yea I’ve done it a fair few times, wakeboarding trick fails, slaps to the ear, water balloons to the ear.
    I had the same symptoms as you, took a couple of weeks to heal.
    I’m not sure if they contributed to my slight hearing loss or whether thats entirely due to standing next to massive speakers for too long

bikebouy
    Free Member

Perforated eardrum. Anyone had one?

Yes, still got it too.

Bit shite for scuba diving I can tell you.

Edit: had it 20 years, caused by a sailing accident.

CountZero

I’ve had one go, woke up in the early hours in excruciating pain, no idea what to do about it at 3-4 in the morning, then there was a loud pop, the pain suddenly went, and I had fluid trickling out of my ear!
    Put some tissue in the ear and went back to sleep, when I woke up it seemed fine, no pain and no moisture, so I figured I’d not bother the quack, and I’ve never had any issues, other than a slight hissing when I blew my nose rather hard.
    Subsequent ear checkups have shown nothing wrong.

sammaratti
    Free Member

Yeah did this recently.

Very disorientated, hearing loss, oh and my ear didn’t stop leaking for a week.

You may want to go your gp to check its not infected and anti biotics needed, which mine was.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I had one years ago after taking a 16oz glove to the side of the head. Hurt like bloody hell at the time. It healed by itself whilst I was waiting for a surgical patch and I have marginally less hearing on that side from the scar tissue.

wiggles
    Free Member

Had a really bad ear infection as a kid, hours of excruciating pain (probably worst in my life) then pop and stuff pouring of my ear…

Took a while to get back to normal and is fine in normal circumstances but got iffy when scuba diving below 30meters …

oldbloke
    Free Member

Yup – as a kid nearly 40 years ago. With spending most of my free time on watersports at the time, got the op to have it fixed and been fine since.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Perforated eardrum. Anyone had one?’ is closed to new replies.