• This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Rik.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Perfect biking camera bag – Mindshift Gear ?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Anybody use one of these:

rotation180° Panorama® 22L

Looks like the perfect bag to combine dslr sized photography and mountain biking out on the hills and fells

justinbieber

I reckon that that belt pack would move about too much. I use a lowepro photosport 200 which is great and has fast side access – you just leave the waist strap done up, slide your right arm out of the shoulder strap and swing it round.

Everything is all in one pack, which is nice and light and doesn’t move about too much even when fully loaded

Rik
    Free Member

Review on the smaller 16l version on bikerumor and they seem to love it.

Rik
    Free Member

Anybody got one or the lowepro photo sport.

You seem to be able to pick up the lowepro photo sport 200 from China for less than £40 posted!!!

I’m guessing they will be the real thing but ‘strays’ direct from the factory?

gtvone
    Free Member

Hey guys, I’m Simon, I work with MindShiftGear… I ride (Yeah, vintage hardtail Zaskar LE, don’t laugh, I’m old!) I use the “Trail” daily, though have ridden with the slightly larger Panorama – I personally prefer the Trail.

JustinBeiber, you should take one over Sticks Pass and see how it handles? (Thanks for all the music haha)

Any q’s feel free to ask here. (I don’t want to derail this thread by leaving an email addy, but you guys can find me if needed! cheers —Simon)

Rik
    Free Member

Simon, thanks for the input.

Def. looking at the panorama, 2 things:

– the upper compartment looks pretty small in comparison to the Lowepro despite the bag being 22l overall compared to 20l
    – main thing with looks to be a concern is the hydration bladder pocket on the side rather than the back, the website says its fits a 3litre bladder but a lot of the reviews say it’s very small and struggle to fit 1.5l in the pocket.

The mindshift panorma looks like an awesome idea hence the post but without seeing one in the flesh and trying it out it’s hard to see if it’s actually better or worse than Lowepros ‘simple’ solution.

Rik
    Free Member

Bump to see if anybody has any more views or owns a Lowepro Sport 200

ninfan
    Free Member

You seem to be able to pick up the lowepro photo sport 200 from China for less than £40 posted!!!

I’m guessing they will be the real thing but ‘strays’ direct from the factory?

I did, and it seems to be as good as the original – a bloody good buy for the money.

Rik
    Free Member

Nice – cheers ninfan

tall_martin

I have to lowepro. It’s a great bag and works just as designed. Mine was £60 from Israel.

However the weight of the camera sacked the joy out of riding a bit. It got to the point I had to take photos after lugging the bag about. So now I’m happier to use my phone.it’s never the same, but is never a problem to carry it.

Your milage may vary.

I got the orange one- it’s a right pain cleaning dirt of! I would get black next time

Rik
    Free Member

Cheers – Ive only got a Fuji X-T1 mirrorless camera with a small 35mm or 28mm prime or at most a 10-24mm wide angle.

So the weight is not huge – but its all about having access to the camera as quickly as possible.

I’m heading towards the Lowepro bag at present as the Mindshift looks perfect from a photography point of view but not from a mtb pack bladder perspective. The bladder pockets looks like a massive afterthought on the side and small doubt. While the lowepro is a normal pocket down a back pocket.

Just now do i get a ebay £40 special or the new model which has just come out but £118.

Hows the back length of the back for a 6 footer?

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

don’t Evoc do a camera bag(s)?

Rik
    Free Member

Evoc only do dedicated photo bags with quick access rather than all purpose backpacks with a quick access photo compartment

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Perfect biking camera bag – Mindshift Gear ?’ is closed to new replies.