Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • People with high cholesterol live the longest
  • 6079smithw
    Free Member

This statement seems so incredible that it takes a long time to clear one´s brainwashed mind to fully understand its importance. Yet the fact that people with high cholesterol live the longest emerges clearly from many scientific papers.

http://www.westonaprice.org/modern-diseases/the-benefits-of-high-cholesterol/
    To the pie shop!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

no motives whatsoever….

The Foundation is dedicated to restoring nutrient-dense foods to the human diet through education, research and activism. It supports a number of movements that contribute to this objective including accurate nutrition instruction, organic and biodynamic farming, pasture-feeding of livestock, community-supported farms, honest and informative labeling, prepared parenting and nurturing therapies. Specific goals include establishment of universal access to clean, certified raw milk and a ban on the use of soy formula for infants.

The Foundation seeks to establish a laboratory to test nutrient content of foods, particularly butter produced under various conditions; to conduct research into the “X Factor,” discovered by Dr. Price; and to determine the effects of traditional preparation methods on nutrient content and availability in whole foods.

biodynamic, cause it really matter where the moon is when you bury the horn of bull shit and do the magic dance.

Low Cholesterol and HIV/AIDS

Young, unmarried men with a previous sexually transmitted disease or liver disease run a much greater risk of becoming infected with HIV virus than other people. The Minnesota researchers, now led by Dr. Ami Claxton, followed such individuals for 7-8 years. After having excluded those who became HIV-positive during the first four years, they ended up with a group of 2446 men. At the end of the study, 140 of these people tested positive for HIV; those who had low cholesterol at the beginning of the study were twice as likely to test postitive for HIV compared with those with the highest cholesterol.6
    Also butter stops Aids 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I haven’t read the page but there is a quite long list of academic citations at the end.

spooky_b329

Low Cholesterol and HIV/AIDS

Low Cholesterol (young and slim) as opposed to High cholesterol (young and overweight)…

Slim guys have 100% increase in risk of contracting HIV?

Or…

Slim guys have 100% increase in number of partners?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Is that good AIDS, bad AIDS or cat AIDS?

martinhutch

Also butter stops Aids

I suppose it could actually lower transmission risk, if applied liberally… 🙂

Looking around on the website, it seems crammed with top evidence-based health advice…

cinnamon_girl

This man has plenty to say throughout his blogs:

http://www.drmalcolmkendrick.org

jambalaya
    Free Member

I am slim(ish) with high collestoral. I am not banking on this research.

mogrim

Wonder what Dr. Price has to say about vaccination… now there’s a surprise.

hora
    Free Member

I LOVE butter. I don’t care what anyone says. I can’t stand the low-fat or spread shit. I don’t think its good for you at all.

legolam
    Free Member

I haven’t read the page but there is a quite long list of academic citations at the end.

If only my PhD examiners would think the same about my ramblings in my thesis(which are meticulously and extensively referenced, but mostly bollocks).

FWIW, the most recent reference in that list is 11 years old, and it references one paper from 1911. It smacks of cherry picking articles that agree with your POV.

A 2012 meta-analysis of 175,000 patients showed that lowering your cholesterol with statins was a universally good thing, no matter what your baseline risk of heart or stroke disease was:

iffoverload
    Free Member

To the pie shop!

on your bike I hope 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

FWIW, the most recent reference in that list is 11 years old,

The article itself was published 10 years ago…

legolam
    Free Member

It’s a fair cop. It’s still old though.

wrecker
    Free Member

Sally Fallon Morell – Founder, President and Treasurer. She is self described as a “a journalist, chef, nutrition researcher, homemaker, and community activist

Aptly qualified then….. 🙄

scaredypants

A 2012 meta-analysis of 175,000 patients showed that lowering your cholesterol with statins was a universally good thing, no matter what your baseline risk of heart or stroke disease was:

May I suggest that it “showed” that taking statins may be almost universally good, no matter what your baseline risk or baseline cholesterol level was ?
    I’m not at all sure you can still say that it’s the cholesterol drop that works, can you ?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘People with high cholesterol live the longest’ is closed to new replies.